The stars could be lining up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

... for a magical season. While I don't wish an injury on anyone... I can't help but notice that a lot of teams that we face have significant injuries or suspensions.

Week 1: While Jason Campbell's Injury may have been just a stinger and he will start, who is to say he is going to be 100%? Also, RB Michael Bush has a hand injury. Any other injuries or suspensions we know about?

Week 2: Looks like Dennis Dixon is starting. Worthlessburger is suspended and Leftwich has an injured MCL.

Week 3: Shaun O'Hara for the Giants is injured. He will probably be healthy for week 3, but anyone who has had an ankle injury knows that it can linger for quite sometime. If he isn't 100%, I like our D-lines chances. Osi Umenora (sp?) is also having a lingering injury and may not be 100% The giants don't seem like the Giants of old and I think we could pull out a W. Fisher has done quite well against Coughlin in his career.

Week 4: Broncos: All of their starting running backs are injured! Moreno and Buckhalter have injuries. Sackmaster Elvis Dumervil is out for the season.

Knock on wood, if the titans can stay injury free.. I see no reason we can't start the season 4-0 and historically when a team starts 4-0 they have a pretty good shot at the playoffs. Have I drank too much light blue kool-aid this morning? :)

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think you're reaching a little bit for your week 3 and 4 predictions. The first two weeks are legit reasons to be excited, I guess. I just don't get pumped about beating teams that are undermanned. I want to beat teams when they are at their best.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

4-0 is very much a real possibility. I can't wait til week-3 vs New York, I've got tickets to that game! Fisher has been good facing Coughlin, but it's the atmosphere I worry about. The Titans don't do that great in the Meadowlands.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I don't care how we get to the superbowl... Look at the Steelers last two superbowl wins. They practically lucked into them by playing the easiest road possible and getting incredibly lucky breaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFoT7FpEAcs

@2:21 Nick Harper has the biggest play of his career. Only for Mike Vandershank to miss a gimmie well within his range... in a dome.. at home...

Even the referee came in Superbowl XL said that he made some terrible calls that may have tipped the result in favor of the Steelers.

He was one of the most accurate kicker in NFL history at that point in time. Then his life spiralled out of control.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I still think people realize the potential of this team. We've got 2 CB's that QB's can't pick on. We've possibly got the best dline in football, and our linebacking core (with McGrath) is very solid. Our offense will put up points and we can literally shut down teams offenses.

I don't know if you all remember '08, but our defense is structured to stop Peyton Manning. When our dline is getting pressure and hits on Manning, we always beat the Colts.

I like this year's chances.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

The stars are definitely lining up for us this year. VY under center and CJ in the backfield.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:?:

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

that puzzled me asswell. Because it looked like we had 2 or more that they could pick on last year, and most of those guys are still around.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Verner and McCourty are solid corners. Not great yet, but solid.

Disagree?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Harper got picked on, Cortland won't be picked on, and neither with McCourty. McCourty will get tested, but based on his preseason, he won't be "picked on". If he does become another Harper, Verner is waiting. Harper was only horrible when he got beaten. He had zero recovery speed at 35.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar