The Strain (on FX)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This thread is probably just for me and @GoT You watch this season?

To anyone not GoT reading, this show is a slow start that is a pretty interesting take on monster apocalypse, like zombie and vampires. The first two seasons were above okay for me, although some scenes and episodes could be a slight chore to get through.

The third season though, WOW! I loved the third season and highly recommend it as viewing (although it loses too much impact if you skip the first and second season). Nice to see a show have some payoff for all the buildup (and I mean more as in character buildup, not plot payoff... although the plot advances very nicely in season 3).

So I think we finally find a kid we can hate worse than Carl (from Walking Dead). I mean that stupid dumb kid and his stupid dumb move at the end of the season. Zero way to redeem that kid now, right?

[​IMG]

^ David Bradley is excellent in the series. He might be best known (for film and tv) as Walder Frey from Game of Thrones.

[​IMG]

^ Jonathan Hyde (Titanic, Jumanji) also fantastic in the series.

If anyone looking for an apocalypse/monster type show to watch, and can make it through the first two seasons... the third season (imo of course) really makes it all worth it. Great 3rd season!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I dont like the long tentacle thing that shoots out of their mouths. The series lost me with that.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hear ya, it does look goofy.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I enjoy the show

the early episodes explain the throat sucker thingy

for a series that has a nuclear explosion in NYC I just have to say I was still disappointed. Is this thing a graphic novel? Do they just not know where they are going with it. I appreciate that it is only day 41 of the crisis and they are taking their time, but getting 'the Master' encased in silver/lead and going bon voyage only to be saved by nuke's was a WTF! moment for me. Looks like NYC fell at last and 'the Master''s nuked arse is vamping about still...

oh well I made it this far I am sure I will watch season 4 if only cause I am to lazy to reprogram my DVR

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Its a viral outbreak of Vamparism dating back from the ancient times.

Been watching, but it's been up and down with this series.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

we use to watch it but since we dropped cable no way to see it

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Almost gave up but the Season 3 was much better.
    And yes I do hate that kid

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

LOVE the show....3rd season totally deviated from the novels.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Three novels by Guillermo Del Toro....stayed pretty close to the plot line until season 3....has some aspects of the 3rd novel but not all....if there is a fourth...I have no idea where the story will go....

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar