The Tennessean's David Climer Is A Moron

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansFan, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Its not peytons fault the media eats him up. Its funny that the same media that glorifies him is now almost punishing him because they built him up as the face of the nfl. If you never heard about the colts "team" after a win then blame the media who writes the stories and conduct the interviews and continually focus soley on peyton. Any writer who thinks peyton has ever won a game by himself needs to find a new profession because they arent much a writer. and any writer who thinks peyton lost this by himself needs a new profession too because anyone who gives an honest assertion of the game realizes they were outcoached and outplayed in almost all areas of the game.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

^^ That's nothing new. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for Manning (Humility doesn't seem to be in his vocabularly, which is something I look for in players I admire), but still, he's just another casualty of the media. Don't worry, he'll be back on top next season.

3. jdee

jdee Guest

As great as all-sports TV and Radio stations are, this is a by product of it. These "journalists" must resort to shock value to sell newspapers or air space on the radio or TV. As far as I know, football is a team game, Peyton only plays offense. He doesn't block or run and catch the ball. Peyton is a class guy who does not deserve this. Now TO on the other hand....

JDee

JDee

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Another reason Manning is usually called a choke artist is that he doesn't show up early for big games. If he can't get them a big lead early, he can't come back. Look at his first half of the Steelers game. One of the best descriptions I heard in the last week was that he starts out so slowly that he's down two touchdowns and plays just well enough for the colts to lose. Yes, he almost came back from a huge deficit, but he didn't do anything earlier either.

Also, my problem with Manning is that I feel his additude hurts his team. Several posts have compared Brady to MAnning, and how teams would have done without/with different QBs. The thing I believe is that Brady helps the Team mentality with his additude, and that additude (which the whole team has, not just Brady) is what lets them come back and win when it counts. They're not looking just to Brady to save them, they know the whole team believes in itself and is working together. When they're down, they know they can win, and look to pick up each others' slack. Now look at the colts when they're down. You don't have that confidence in each other. Part of that, to me, is that Manning hasn't shown the rest of the team that he thinks they can win without him. Edge got a little bit of credit this season from the fans and the media, but I don't think I heard anything from Manning. He talks about his receivers, but that's not exactly the same, because it also glorifies him. You see him get mad, you see him get frustrated, you don't see him motivating those around him to really step it up. That, to me, is what separates the Colts and Patriots of the last 5 years. You can say the Pats fell apart too, I won't argue with that, it's got to happen sometime, but they certainly had a better run than manning. I don't care if he's won 97% of his career games, if he can't bring his team together for important playoff wins, he'll never be the type of team leading QB that his team really needs...

5. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

With Climer you know what your getting. I think he's funny and every once in a while he makes a good point. I have grown to enjoy hearing him on the radio. He's been on local talk for a while, either with Bill King or with Plaster on Wednesdays. In spite of that, he has a superiority complex that comes across in his articles and radio. To call him an idiot is a bit of a stretch. His goal is to get people to pay attention to his stuff........and as I type he is getting his wish.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I'm no Climer fan, but he has a point. Peyton has yet to win a big game.

7. I don't see where the problem is. Like nigel, I agree with Climer.

Plus, he's not a reporter. He's a columnist. His job to to make people talk.

8. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

someone needs to hang thier Big Orange #16 jersey back up!

9. SteveH

SteveH Starter

I'm a journo and I'm afraid we always look for the easiest/most populist angle.. the only way that Colts game was going to be about any other player was if someone had scored 4TDs or Harper scored the winning TD just hours after being cut up by his wife (it was him right?)
    The fact Manning's failed so many times before meant all the journo's would have been thinking OK is this his year? - big test, he fails.. unfortunately that's the way the top of the story will be ie.. Manning another year away from big dream.. and unfortunately with columnists like Climer it's got to be even stronger, as someone said, to get reaction..
    Judging by this post, he's done his job..
    Ps.. when I first heard the result I couldn't help smiling.. first I thought of the Colt bashing that would be going on here, then how Peyton was going to get crucified.. that's before I even knew what had happened!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

They can't. Even when they hosted Arizona, who was it running out yelling and berating, pleading for a challenge so that the call could be reversed and thus ensure a Colts win? He won the game and he didn't even take a snap. For all we know he took credit for it because that is the type of arrogance and lack of humility you get with Manning.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar