The Titans’ Playoff Formula: Win Out With Some Help

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

If that's the case.....
    I could see the Jets losing at least one.....Giants.
    Bengals should lose to the Ravens.

We need to win out....bottom line.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If we win out, we're going to the playoffs. The Jets and Bengals will both lose a game.

3. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

If the eagles play like they did this week then the jets could lose to them on Sunday.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We also need to pay attention to the what happens with the Texans, Patriots, and Steelers.

If the Texans get a bye week, I really don't see them resting their starters against us and then go into a bye week. If they can't get that bye week, they will rest their starters.

So let's hope the Texans don't get that 1st round bye week, for the sake of them resting their starters for the first round of the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

I hope the playoff seeding looks like this:

1. Ravens
    2. Patriots
    3. Texans
    4. Broncos
    5. Steelers
    6. Titans

Wildcard weekend would put us in Houston with a chance to shut every Texans fan up for good. If we were to win that game, we'd travel to Baltimore with a chance at revenge in reversed roles from January 2009.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

God, that would be nice..

7. RavensShallBurn

That's exactly what it looks like as of right now with the exception of the Jets being in the 6th spot instead of us.

8. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Do the Bengals need to lose a game? They can finish 10-6 at best, as long as we win out and NYJ lose one we win the three-way tie. I suppose if NYJ lose two and it's a tie with Cinci and us, we're done.

9. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Unless of course Oakland win out and it then remains a 3-way tie and we hold the conference advantage.

I love this stuff, it's like BASEketball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar