The Titans are better off...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SARGO127, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I do have to wonder though why it is that you are not a fan if you question a player's ability or if you don't like this player or whatever the case may be. We as fans have every right to think the team as a whole stinks or that a player in general stinks. We don't have to go through this season or any other season with some homer colored glasses on believing blindly that everything will be great and things will somehow magically get better all of a sudden. So far between this preseason and last season I have not been impressed with either Vince or the WRs. Does this make me a non fan? No, it makes me human with a mind of my own and a concerned fan. Those that want to go through life being blinded homers believing everything is fine can do that if they want but don't criticize those of us that can think for ourselves and call things as we see them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Titanville, I agree... +rep

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

i've gotten tired of people calling other posters uncommitted fans just because they disagree with the majority and it isn't just when it comes to young.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I find it really stupid that we had to validate the point that someone can disagree with the moves a player or franchise takes, and still be a fan of the team. Being a fan is not about blindly accepting the moves the team makes (although it seems to be that way for Colts fans). It's about rooting for the team to do its best, and about rooting for them through not only the good times, but also the bad times.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably because it is a game and you all get stressed over something you could never do? It's entertainment, that's all.

The irony is a bunch of people with not even 1/10th of the athletic ability feel their opinion is valid because they've watched a few games on TV.

6. vslyke

Oh yeah. GMs are GMs for a reason. But, sometimes they will make a big mistake, and sometimes the fans will call one right. Let's just hope the VY haters are very, very wrong.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

When does it cross the line from being a fan and being one who just wants his voice heard no matter the outcome. Several posters would b it ch if their ice cream was cold. Why is it that if you don't agree with the majority that you are automatically correct or deserve special compensation? Also, I know the answer to this, but just because you are more persuasive in your arguement does not make you correct.

You may not be a fan of Young but I find the few who consistantly post negative comments of VY actually have no positive comments regarding the rest of the team or any other aspect of the game. I may be wrong in my perceptions but they are just that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. vslyke

For example, I don't have any problem with RT's obsessive whining about CJ, since he really cares about the team and expressing positive opinions about other things. Other posters seem to be 1 trick ponies however.

9. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I believe it's like when your coach or boss always points out the negative things you do but never seem to compliment you on your positive things you are doing. If the running game is going great but the passing game sucks, then most people will bring up the things that are going wrong. That doesn't make them any less of a fan or someone who should go cheer for another team. Maybe they are the glass half empty kind of the half full kind. I was a big Young fan when they drafted him but at this point in time I'm second guessing it. I'm still trying to decide if it's just bad WR or a combo of bad WR and a mediocre QB.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't care if someone thinks VY is bad I'm ticked that every single thread mentions VY in a negative way. To me, it's gotten a little out of hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar