The Titans "FIRE EM ALL" poll - Coaching

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Dec 13, 2012.

?
  1. Fire the entire staff and hire entirely from outside

69.0%
  2. Fire Munchak, promote HC from within and allow new HC to assemble staff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Keep Munchak - require he fires the rest -

10.3%
  4. Fire nobody

5.2%
  5. Move team to London

5.2%
  6. My hair is on fire

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Munch got his two years and the team is currently headed for a high draft pick.
    Last year 9-7
    This year 4-9
    13-16 combined
    The man may have been a mighty player but his coaching and sideline demeanor lacks excitement, emotion or fire (at least that's my take).
    Is it time?
    You pick...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tennessee_Titans_head_coaches
    Other than Fisher, Bud has let exactly ONE losing coach have 3 seasons. All the others got one or two at best.
    In fact other Fisher, Bud has been remarkably firing-happy - even with winning coaches...

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think they should scrub every scrub. But, that being said, I bet that none will be fired. A couple may "take other positions" and leave voluntarily, but none to be fired. It's just not like bud.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fire Munchak.

Sorry Mike.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Keep Munchak. Let him replace Loggains and Gray with some real coaches that will be available. His options were very limited when he first hired on Palmer and Gray so let's see who he can bring on board when he has better options. I expect there will be some coordinators/HC let go after the season so it'd be nice to see if Munch can get some of them to join his staff.

I wanna see him at the very least finish out his contract. I really don't see Bud firing him. Mike's been with the franchise longer than Fisher was so I think he's safe for at least another year.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Ok, I don't think a lot of people would dissagree with you, BUT, if you were an exceptional coordinator, would you come to this mess? Really? Knowing bud, his habbits, and everything else that comes with being a Tennessee team? Small market, smaller sales, less national coverage, etc.

I think we would have a better shot at bringing in a new hotshot HC and let him build his own staff.

6. JCBRAVE

I fought off the Munchak haters for a long time, then came the Bears game, that was the last straw for me.

I'm surprised to see youre still willing to put up with him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think we should set them all free.

Give them the good ol' "It's not you, It's us" talk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I felt the same - but whatever he's doing is not working and there seems to be no sense of urgency to do anything differently.. There's no reason Locker should throw another batted down pass. A dog could fix that..

9. JCBRAVE

Maybe, dogs are short

[​IMG]

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Those points are not necessarily a negative to candidates. TN is far better a place to build than say Philly, NY or the like where you will be publicly lynched in your first season for any minor offense. Plus, the AFCS is a division that can turn on it's head in one season. That will never happen in a division like the AFCN.
    I don't necessarily care if they get someone high profile - I just want someone who is guns blazing and fearless for a change.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar