The Titans Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I really don't understand the love Amano gets. His best trait is that he might be "cheap". He played on a very good O-Line - arguably the best in football the last two seasons. He's still easily the weakest link on the line. I don't think being "cheap" alone would be a good enough reason to keep him as a starter, but I don't think he'll be cheap. I think he will go on to get a huge contract elsewhere that he doesn't deserve. I think Harris will be an upgrade, and think we should resign Mawae.

It's probably time for Keith to go. The timing of his injury really sucks. His price tag might be cheaper because of his injury, but then we're the team taking a chance on an old LB coming off of surgery. I think his injury increases the chance that we keep him, but I would rather have seen him stay healthy and get a contract he deserves from another team. With his body of work, he should get paid, and we all know this isn't the team that does the paying.

I think we should resign KVB. He had a bad year, but his dedication is nothing short of inspirational. We should take the down year as an opportunity to resign him to a better contract. KVB can be dominant again. It would be nice to get him some more help along the D-Line. I know some are high on Hayes, but he isn't getting it done on the other side. With a better pass rusher at LDE and a healthy Jason Jones, we may end up with a very good and very balanced D-Line.

2. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

The only TE that is 1st round worthy at this point is Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma and projected to be mid first round to second round. He like Cook started out as a WR then bulked up and became a TE. I expect the Titans to toss a curve-ball in the draft someway to make people scratch their heads and this could be a possibility. Unless they slap Scaife with the FT again or he takes a pay cut, there will be a team that will sign him to an offer sheet at the Titans asking price (I say 3rd round pick). There can't be any denying that this is a possibility because the three positions you always expect the Titans to draft at some point are CB, RB, and TE because Fisher always says that you cannot have too many players at those positions on your team...well his team:p and he's always had three TEs dressed play at some point in games.

That being said though if we draft a TE it tells me two things: we messed up on drafting Cook, and Fisher was in a festive mood and felt like giving Belicheat a second-round pick for the hell of it.

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Did I mention Gresham miss almost all of this season because of torn cartilage in his right knee? What is with these OU players hurt yet still projected to be high picks?:rolleyes:

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I say we get a punter 16th/17th pick.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

psychop...

If you watch Mawae one on one vs any big or solid DT he gets manhandled and frequently leads to CJ having to break tackles in the backfield or us losing yards. Mawae is done. He's only gonna get worse. He's done a nice job, but it's time to bring in a new player. Amano is a good blocker WHEN he makes good contact with his man. His problem is that he isn't that athletic so he sometimes whiffs on his guy which also leads to major problems for CJ. Ideally, Harris would replace both but we only have 1 Harris. Since Mawae is only gonna get worse and is older, it makes no sense to re-sign him. I'd be most happy to lose them both and draft a solid OL (OG or OC) in rnd 3 or 4 to start. If the drat pick doesn't look ready, we can always pick up a cut/released vet later on. Additionally, why spend 5-7mil on either of those players when we can get similar or better production by drafting a player and adding Harris to the starting unit? That money can be better spent on D!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I am concerned about leadership and energy first. The perceived leaders to me are:

Field Leaders:
    Young
    Mawae
    Bulluck
    KVB

Lockeroom:
    Young
    Lendale
    CJ
    Bulluck

Playcalling:
    Young -
    Hope - SS has usually been an integral position for Fisher, is it now, I have no idea, but that's what I've heard.

So I have concerns about the emotional makeup of the team with this free agency class. Even Lendale loosens things up. So we'd be getting rid of between 4-5 emotional leaders by letting all these folks walk.

I'm ok with that, as long as someone can step up. On the offensive line we don't appear to have a leader who can step into that role. On Defense, who would step up? McGrath would need to fill that role or Tulloch, but I haven't so much as heard a peep from them before. So I think we need to keep a few of these guys to make the transition.

On Offense: I would keep Mawae, and for that matter the whole offensive line. They work well together. Scaife is probably worth keeping too. Lendale and everyone else can go ( but there will be no pick for Lendale, seriously, who wants to give up a pick for him.)

On Defense, I think Hope would be worth keeping. Brown on Talent. Harper, Bulluck, and the rest of the crew can go.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Why do we want to get rid of Hentrich? IMO, he's one of the best in the league. Coming off an injury, we can probably keep him for nothing as well.

I'd keep Bulluck, Tulloch, Brown, Vickerson, Hentrich, and Mawae definitely. I'd say Brown and Vickerson will definitely be kept seeing as we can match any offer anyone else can make.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hentrich is almost dead. He will retire.

9. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

U gotta be kidding right? Bo is not worth the money he wants? really? The guy is our best TE hands down. Cook is nothing but potential as of now. No body on that team plays all round TE better than Bo.

He is gonna get signed some where else, then god help VY if fisher continues pushing this nonsensical VY the wannabe Steve mcnair Qb shiat!!

We are gonna suck aZZ next year it aint gonna be funny.

I do pray that Cook is all he is hyped to be, but i doubt it. I highly highly doubt it.:hmm:

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

hentrich is gonna be brett kerns steve mcnair. he will mentor him and make him great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar