The Titans Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

IMO, Mawae finished strong, and his leadership is priceless. Amano consistently gets beat.

I think you're wrong about Vanden Bosch. If anything, we should resign Vanden Bosch, draft a DE, and move Vanden Bosch back to LE. Jacob Ford is a great pass rusher - better than Vanden Bosch, but he's not a better DE than Vanden Bosch, and neither is any other DE on our roster. We can get get a better DE; we simply don't have a better DE, and losing our best DE would be a step in the wrong direction. Furthermore, I didn't say the Titans should sign him to a huge contract, but yes, they should sign him to a contract. His asking price shouldn't be that much.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

KVB is done. Moving him to LE won't solve anything. The guy can't get to the QB. We basically play the same scheme as the Colts. The COlts have two probowl DEs and very average DTs. What does that say? We need two DEs that can get double digit sacks as well as a decent rotational guy. KVB is not in that mix. Hayes, Ford and hopefully a big upgrade to KVB is what we need. KVB had 3 sacks ALL year. He had 4.5 sacks last year. What makes anyone thing this guy is going to start getting double digit sacks next year and beyond?

As far as Amano consistently getting beat IMO he doesn't get beat any more than Scott or Mawea (watch the film). Amano also can play OC, his college position so he is valuable in that regard. I agree we will miss Mawea's leadership but it is time to move on. We can move on with Harris or Amano at OC and the other at OG and not lose much if anything. We can then draft another OC/OG to develop. Unless Amano simply wants ridiculous money we should keep him.

3. TM

TM Starter

Kevin Mawae will be 39 later this month. He also gets very little push in the run game. Time to move on.

4. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

why would you want to keep roderick hood??? harper and hood need to pack there bags!! i dont agree with keeping tony brown either. he will want big money and we got no push up the middle this yr which allowed opposing QB's to step up in the pocket and kill us all yr long. don't get me wrong i would like to keep brown but i want to keep him cheap and you and i both know that wont happen.

5. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

So this is where u went bruh. You dont be over at TGP no more?

As for this topic, this is what i think we should do. Release the following, Amano, Mawae, Harper, Gage, White, KVB, Kearse, Crumpler, Tulloch, Collins, and whoever else we sign lately besides Hood. Resign Hood, Tony Brown is our best DT.. Hes a fillin pro bowler if someone doesnt go... Resign Bulluck. Leroy Harris will take over at C for us. Trokog might take LG idk yet.. Hood can play #2 for us hes solid. In free agency pick up Kirk Morrison if he walks hes a good run stopper and sure tackler. He would be a instant upgrade over Tully. If we can get Thomas Howard as well sign him and dont bring back Bulluck. But Howard will want some serious money so idk.. Get a FA cb, either Carlos Rogers or Dunta Robinson. Or draft one. Sen'Derrick MArks will be solid for us, we have a great DL coach who will get the most outta him. Hes not Hanyesworth but he'll be a force. We have Hayes, Ford, Jason Jones, Dave Ball on the DE's, well we should move Jones back to DE, hes a monster. Release Haye and draft Cody if we can so we'll have Vickerson, Brown, and Marks. If not Cody then resign Haye. Get a FA returner of course. So after that and the draft we'll look like this.

QB: Vince Young
    RB: Chris Johnson,
    RB2: Javon Ringer, split carries with CJ
    FB: Hall
    WR: Britt
    WR: Washington
    WR: Hawkins
    TE:Cook
    LT: Michael Roos
    LG: Trokog
    C: Leroy Harris
    RG: Jake Scott
    RT: David Stewart

Young replacements at OL but remember our two Line coaches are one of the best at coaching that position so we good.

RE: William Hayes, Ford, Dave Ball as depth & wouldnt hurt to add some more.
    DT: Jason Jones
    DT: Tony Brown
    LE: Cody or other DT we might draft/Haye/Vickerson/FA DT we might sign
    LB: David Thornton
    MLB: Kirk Morrison
    LB:Keith Bulluck
    CB: Cortland Finnigan
    CB: Rod Hood
    CB: whoever we draft hopefully in first round
    SS: Chris Hope
    FS: Michael Griffin

That would be beast next yr imo. WE wont go crazy in FA we know that but i hope we make some big player signees to help us on Defense.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You don't think there's a difference between a DE taking on a RT or LT?

Yeah, I just watched CJ's highlight video, and I was surprised at how many key blocks Mawae AND Amano made to spring Johnson on so many of his great runs. I still like Mawae better, and it would be damn shame to lose the "dirtiest player" in the game. Why is it simply "time to move on"? Mawae still plays at a high level.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60

And 39 isn't that big of a deal for a center. I mean yeah, it's not common, but it isn't like he's a RB.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Sup Mikey. Haven't had much time for TGP, but I pop in every once and a while, mostly just reading.

I wonder what it would take for Ball to get the nod over Hayes, or at least get more snaps? We need to get Ball on the field more. We can't have ball sackless again next season. :grrhee:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:suspect:

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To have invested this season's 2nd round pick on Cook... I want at least a few seasons in the ballpark of Gates good years or I'm gonna be disappointed.

I wonder how much money Scaife really wants, how much he'll get, and whether he'd prefer to play elsewhere if the money was the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar