The Titans have offered a contract to former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That and knowing that a coach with Palmer is going to be fine with a passing offense. One with VY is going to want to run the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I don't think it's fair to blame him for Gages injury. He threw a jump ball, his receivers tell him all the time to give them a chance to jump at it and he did. Gage caught it at it's highest point and got hurt. That's football. And is he supposed to throw the ball in fear of his receivers safety?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Well, i dont think it's a huge deal that he didnt want to come here. It says something good about our young WR core if he got worried he wont have a shot at a starting job.

Im surprised the Titan even tried to get another WR this soon after getting Nate and drafting Britt in the 1st round. This could be a blessing like not getting Torry Holt last year which turned into a bust for the Jags. 1 and Done.

4. jessestylex

BTW, Pacman Jones worked out for the Bengals but they didn't offer him a contract. I guess he lost his skills.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If this team is ran with any sort of integrity, Nate Washingtons spot in the slot is up for grabs. Britt will most definitely be our 1 or 2 next year, Gage playing the other spot, and sir drops-everything-he-touches is our current slot guy. That is a position where they should bring someone in and let them compete for it. Someone like Matt Jones. You can't have too many big, physical receivers with a QB like Vince Young, the bigger the target the better. Plus, screw just handing the job to Nate because we just signed him last year, he needs to earn a spot on the roster as far as I'm concerned.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would like to redistribute the so called no-tolerance policy to all Titans decision makers.

7. jessestylex

I just read the Titans offered Jones a two year deal and was still worth less than the Bengals 1 year deal. Fisher called Jones Himself and told him he has a Job in TN but Jones decided to go where the $ was at.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good. I really didn't want Matt Jones.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He'll be a substance policy offender before the end of the season. Especially with the millieu in the Bengals locker room.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

For what it's worth, it's apparent to me that Marvin used The Titan template this past season. Run, run and run some more and hope your D keeps you in the game. IF Carson can get past whatever secret injury or problem he was hiding and if they can replace C Henry they will become that passing team again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar