Smack The Titans vs. Texans Smack Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansMVP

TitansMVP Starter

Btw, I know fans like to change the names for other teams to talk their crap but you decide on tacks? I'm sorry but that is lame, lol. I've seen better...

I wouldn't call it anger, I wouldn't call it lack of acknowledgment as well. However, I would say respect is about right between these two fan bases. These two teams have a different rival than say, Steelers and Ravens. It is more personal I would say for the team moving. Texan fans had anger, envy, for the team moving and having early success when it simply could of been in Houston. Years later, of course they have their own team now but I simply don't think their hate is gone for what happened. Now, I can't talk for everyone other than myself but I felt since Texan fans finally started doing something with their team, I think Texan fans felt obligated to finally fire back and it has been quite annoying for a fan base to be so quiet to us and when the good comes, you guys come. Instead, just be here through the bad and good. Myself, haven't missed a game in over a decade. I will watch and talk regardless of whats going on. That is just me being a loyal, die hard fan.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Wow. You are just entirely clueless, eh?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

The only thing hard in Houston are the dicks on the land whales shuffling to get nachos at Reliant.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Texansfight

Texansfight Rookie

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

These guys decided to come onto our board for the sole purpose of trolling/annoying us with their lame trash talk. When we fired back they cried like little girls about the way we trash talked them. Shut your sissy mouth, strain your tiny brain coming up with a rebuttal and then say it!

They act as surprised as those fat bullies when the skinny kid knocks them on their ass. Not to mention they bitched and moaned about me correcting their grammar and sure enough a few posts later there they are correcting a Titans fan's grammar. I really hope the other teams we face have better trash talkers because these guys were pathetic save a few nice jabs.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Texansfight

Texansfight Rookie

Fair points. And fyi, I have been a Texans season ticket holder since day 1, and I was on these boards or other titans boards back around the Mario Williams pick and got my fair share of **** for a long time.

And to add to your opinion, the anger and disappointment of losing the Oilers has pretty much gone completely extinct at this point, and I think has for a long while now. We are happy with the way our organization is set up and is ran, love the stadium,etc and the titans are not even a thought at this point. BUT, I will say lot of things center around more so on the Vince Young pick tbh. He was a Texas hero, especially in Houston and with the black community here. And the titans pick him? For me, it was more about Mario vs. Bush than Vince, and a lot of fans got that. But there were A LOT of T-shirt titans bandwagon fans that came out of the woodwork and stuck around for a few years FLOODING the talk shows about the Texans, bragging about VY, and trying to rub it in in everyone's faces. It was a mess around here I can promise you that. Dark times for a bit. But magically, now that Vince is washed out, I rarely EVER see or hear from titan fans anymore. Its something that you had to experience to appreciate.... and thus only added fuel to the fire to hate the titans with the low life fans that came out and represented your team around here for a spell. Bottom line, Bud knew what he was doing, knew his Houston roots, and knew where Vince came from. And it completely backfired on him lol thank God.

7. Texansfight

Texansfight Rookie

[​IMG]

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Wasn't referring to you, you're at least tolerable. I was talking about the other two dunces that claim your team.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

Dude...I'm sorry but you are completely wrong on a lot of you said here. I wear my Titans stuff (at least a ball cap) everyday here in Houston. People are still bitter over Bud Adams and the team leaving. I do have people come up to me and say they are in the Titans fan club in Houston and ask if I want to join.

I was shocked when I moved here to see how different the fan support for the Texans in Houston is to what the Titans have in Nashville.......I expected them to be similar but they just aren't.

10. Texansfight

Texansfight Rookie

Dude, I can only tell you what I know. I have lived here all of my life. And I do not know one single titans fan personally and I can not remember the last time I saw a person with titans gear in public, or heard a titans fan on our local radio show. And I can also tell you this... there will be several teams this year who will have more fans in Reliant than the titans did on Sunday.

Maybe its just misery loves company in your case? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar