The Titans will NOT draft a QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Textitan, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Gentlemen,
    Fish and Dinger are no more going to not give Vince another season to develop than they would have taken JMac out of the lineup this year.

IF, Vince is anything less than 2nd string/backup, I will no longer believe anything that comes out of Dinger's mouth:
    Dinger said before the season started, that he would like two seasons to work with Vince to see if he fully develops, he's had one already, and one remaining. If he sticks to his word, and I hope he does, Vince will not be going anywhere until AT LEAST after the 2009 season.
    I see two possible outcomes for this season.
    I feel that Fish will let Vince and Kerry 'duke it out' during TC and whoever performs better, the initial starting job will be theirs to keep...or lose.
    If Vince wins out, I see them letting Collins walk and possibly retaining Simms as the 2nd stringer.
    Or, it will be a repeat of last season, Collins starting w/VY holding the clipboard again.
    Either way, Dinger still has one more season to work with him.
    I have no problem with either scenario as long as Vince is ready, willing and able (this time) to play.

2. Sam Herron

Sam Herron Camp Fodder

I agree that there is another year at least with Vince. But we are setting ourselves up here. If Vince spends this next year (assuming he doesn't start) standing nowhere near Dinger and Collins when they discuss plays, listening to his iPod and joking with Lenwhale, then he just confirms he is in no way mature enough to ever handle being a starting QB in the NFL. He reminded me of early McNair his rookie year, but since then, there aren't any similarities because McNair worked his tail off in the off-seasons and Vince just appears to not have any sort of work ethic whatsoever.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

haha
    all of a sudden, Kerry Collins is the key to any chance of a Super Bowl run ?

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I based my opinion on what I see not hate.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No let's put a rookie in there. We have a team with super bowl caliber talent and you want a rookie running the show? Or some bum from another team? Joey harrington perhaps?

We have several people on this board who have this ******* attitude that anything different is better. 12 year old thinking. Collins is boring let's spice things up a bit eh?

We were 12-2 in the 14 games he started that meant anything.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dinger said that before the season started. A lot has happened since. Horrible play, inmaturity and at times what seemed to be an indifference to what was going on around him. Does vince deserve one more season at least with the team? Yes. Does he deserve at least the #2 job? Probably.

The bottom line is that we do what is best for the team, the cap. Vince makes too much money to not contribute.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I want to draft a QB so he can have a year to learn from Kerry. That is if VY and Sims are not the qb of the future and that doesnt look hopeful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar