The Titans youth movement will make us better!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We now have a very young talented team. I think we will be better off without the older veterans in some positions. Over all i think we will be meaner and stronger in the coming years.

What do you think about being lead by the younger players like Young,Britt,CJ,Morgan.Cortland etc...? do we really need Bulluck Back? will we miss KVB?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Are the Titans really any younger than the average NFL team? Calling Vince Young, Chris Johnson and Cortland Finnegan "young" is stretching things. Those guys are veterans by NFL standards.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

well the Titans seem like a young team to me, VY just turned over a new leaf. It's time all these guys make a run at a SB before the years go by and we start losing them.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

For a QB Young is young, it's not like they have the lifespans of running backs. CJ is only going into his third year, I guess most teams have old backs by your standards. Finnegan is only 26, and corners can get it done pretty deep in their career for the most part.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

not too sure what ur talking about....CJ has been in the league for only2 years, he's still young - although u could say 400+ touches in a season is quite serious.

as for JESSE steve whyche from nfl kinda backs ya up... interesting putting us ahead of some good teams ie - giants, eagles, cardnils, steelers, etc..

Steve's Power Rankings - nfl.com
    14. Titans -- The youth movement should benefit the Titans. Some common ground needs to be found with RB Chris Johnson, otherwise his contract demands could be a distraction.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I no longer see Britt as a leader, not yet anyways. His teammates refer to him as a "Jokester" a lot. To me a leader can be funny, but when that's the first thing they say, I don't see that as leader material. I like this youth movement, Kearse was done, KVB the same, Harper the same, Alge the same, Mawae same thing there too. All of our "leaders" were well respected but were shells of themselves. I'd still say Vince is a young player since he disappeared for some time before the second half of 2009, and still has a lot of learning to do. Chris is clearly a young guy, but the amount of snaps he sees makes him an experienced youngster we should be able to depend on to lead.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen JC. We're better off by letting those guys walk. Although I do wish KVB well in Detroit. I'm really excited to see our new-look D in action. I wonder who's gonna win the #2 CB spot. I'm rooting for Tye Hill.

Ford/Hayes/Morgan should be a solid at DE and DTTB/Haye/Marks/Jones should all be much better in year 2 together under Cecil. I'm hopeful and excited about the upcoming season. Can't wait though!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not that religious, but I'm going to pray for Jason Jones every night before bed this season. For 2010 I have big expectations for that man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar