The Truth About DJ Hackett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tez, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'll take DJ but give me Bryant Johnson 1st.

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=58989

Looks like no Hackett or Johnson

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why fool around with another FA WR? We already signed Gage. My guess is the FO is done signing FAs. We don't want to get back into CAP hell and actually be one of the winningest teams for the next 5 years and go to a SB...that would be irresponsible. Besides, the FO thinks Fisher and our 6th round pick who blew out his achilles can step in and give us great value even if they don't pressure the QB. They are great value.

4. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Kevin Dyson= potential, Yancy Thigpen= potential, Tryone Calico= potential, Carl Pickens= potential, David Givens= potential. All of the above failed as WR for the Tennessee Titans. I am sick and tired of seeing the titans pick up scrap heaps and waiting for them to turn out well and hanging on to them for years and years and just getting paid to do nothing. I think the Titans front office whoever that is should get together and figure out what is the best type of WR for the Tn Titans cause outside of Derrick Mason they have all been awful. Instead of just getting monkeys to throw some darts on a dartboard and hoping one sticks in terms of WR lets get these scouts and coaches off their *** and scout a Wide Reciever for gods sakes stop making guesses go after the big dogs who can make a difference. GET RANDY MOSS

5. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

"what...someone on this forum who knows what he is talking about?!

Thanks for posting this, Tez, you are right about everything." - deeluxx3

:barf:

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Make sure you have YOUR facts straight. The guy has never had more than 4 TD's in one season and he played in 14 games during that one. Average at best.

http://www.nfl.com/players/d.j.hackett/careerstats?id=HAC504279

We can talk about POTENTIAL all we want. Hell- Ben Troupe is loaded with potential.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

looking more and more like we're taking a WR with our first pick.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

When did I ever mention anything about how many TDs he had in a season? Also, Troupe never averaged 70 yards and a tug per start either. Just curious, but which one of our young WRs (3rd year or younger since he was in his 3rd year) would break the rotation of Darrell Jackson, Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, and Nate Burleson? That's who was ahead of him in the season you mentioned.

Actually, what young WRs that could be had for a decent price would break that rotation? TIA

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Hackett could get 4 td's in Seattle he could get 10 here.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:spit: Bwaahahahahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar