The truth & why Fisher has to go

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TxTitansFan, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans27

Titans27 Camp Fodder

Fisher is a hypocrite....isn't he the one that runs out to check on the player that gets hurt on the field? Did he ever talk to Vince? He kept saying Vince never went up to him.....well I would assume that as a coach he should have checked on his player like he normally does and should have prompted the question if he could come back in? I would have taken him at 70% then Rusty at a 100% especially with the game on the line like that.

Fisher did the same thing with Steve in his first couple of years.....he had him bottled up until Eddie was wearing down and they no choice but to open up the playbook and start throwing it.

When Kerry got hurt and Vince came in last game it seemed like Vince was fine....was Fisher hiding something? Seems like Vince blew up for a reason....shouldn't have acted that way but he probably had enough....

Our 2 main problems are play-calling and our LB's.....seems like we make stars out of evry TE we see each week?

Boy was I pumped when we were 5-2.....that Griffin holding call in the SD game where he had a pick 6 and we were up 19-7 was the turning point of the season.....;o(

Why can't we all get along?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

very few avoid getting fired

3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Particularly after sustained .500 play with a team. Coaches get 1) honey moon period where record isn't as important, 2) hopefully their good period with sustained excellence, 3) inevitable decline. Fisher has been in decline for 8 years. Most coaches wouldn't survive that. Fisher is lucky, but I'm not clear how that is a positive endorsement for his continued coaching.

4. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

I think Fisher has been around for 2 reasons:

1. Bud is loyal and Bud thought Vince Young would grow up to get Fisher and the Titans over the hump.

and

2. Fisher has been here for a very long time. 16 years is a long time for any group of people to be together and a sudden change would be quite scary for some people.

Basically, I've come up with the theory that Fisher has had such a long tenure due to loyalty and a fear of shaking things up.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How is .557 that much better than .500 (average)?

We play 20 games. We win 11 of them. That ****ing sucks.

Find me one great coach who has a lower win percentage than Fisher. You can't do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have never said, and will never say, that Vince is a "horrible person", so stop with the misquotes. What I have said since the beginning of this season is that Vince, now in his 5th season, needs to show me that he has turned the corner regarding his maturity and leadership problems seen in the past. He clearly has not done this, and, as such, IMO it is time for a change in direction. This has nothing to do with him personally, nor does it have to do with whether or not I think he is a good role model.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really good debate in this thread by both sides.

I do find this particularly damning....

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that should have been the end of it .

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher is trash. If he were a Hollywood movie he'd be "Glitter" staring Mariah Carey. Fisher is a diva with a mustache.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe he had a reason for that. If VY was always late to meetings, never in the film room and not showing up for treatments for his injuries. VY's work habits and attitudes rubbed Fisher the wrong way and i guess he could just look at the great talent and accept those imperfections and let it go but he couldn't.

Fisher had no problems like this with Mcnair. And except for volek he never had a problem with any other QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar