1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

The Turin Horse - Worst movie of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by GeronimoJackson, May 12, 2013.

1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Jesse James was actually decent, first half is a complete snoozefest but the movie picks up after Jesse James dies.

Along with the cinematography, the soundtrack was hauntingly beautiful, I'll give it that.
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Out for a rip

The time-elapsed stuff was good. I was also a history student and love all the social history in it. They did a good job showing how people lived in that time and place. And the narration was cool.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

I agree about Malick and to a degree feel the same way about QT's latest stuff.
    The difference is that The Turin Horse is a painting on a wall and those other movies are indeed trying to tell a story..
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

The actual assassination scene was amazing, it was really intense and displayed some great acting from Casey Affleck. Can't find the full original 6 minute scene on youtube, there's only one with a stupid added soundtrack.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

I'm just playing, I really didn't hate this movie and obviously there are far worse movies out there, I just wanted to see how many people would come to the defense of this movie...in other words, I have too much time on my hands. :)
  6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Out for a rip

8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

and the "bad guys", which were a few commanders and the rest kids, all black, ALL DYED THEIR HAIR YELLOW.

I'm ashamed I watched the entire thing when I was a kid.