The two big DTs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'll start out presuming that if either Ellis or Dorsey was on the board when we picked, it would be a no-brainer.

Judging by our official site mock, there is a possibility that 1 or both these guys may still be available around pick 10.

My question is, what would you give up to get one?

If Ellis somehow made it past New Orleans, would you offer up our 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up and get him? (That's about what it would take on the value chart to get to Buffalo's #11 slot.)

Me - I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Based on the fact that we have not locked Albert up I would say go for it.

But I cannot recall the Titans ever moving up for a player in round one.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd love it but I think it would cost too much to make it happen.

If the Titans thought they could move Brown to DE for running downs (Kearse plays the passing), then it could solve two problems.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

But what is "too much"?

I agree with the idea of moving T.Brown to DE on early downs. That would be ideal.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I would not give up that much for either. We aren't in a big need for a DT until Al is gone, and no one knows what'll happen there. With other holes on the team, I wouldn't trade away that many guys to get one DT.

I also think Brown is a solid starter. Also, the d-line did well last year mostly because of pass rush. Brown moved out to end won't give much pass rush.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO neither of those guys is worth the move. Both will be decent players, neither will be dominante IMO.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Oh, I would make that trade for Gholsten.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So, basically, screw you Vince Young?

All we gave him new was J-mac. We have to at least draft a WR in the first two rounds.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not worth trading up for either when there'll be Trevor Laws, Red Bryant and Dre Moore to choose from later.

And please, no one suggest we even think about Kentwan Balmer....big pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar