The Ugly Truth Revisited

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 26, 2012.

?
  1. Yes.

28.0%
  2. No.

28.0%
  3. Almost, they need to make coaching changes.

44.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Till I can buy something that says SuperBowl Champions, I'm done financially supporting the team.

I really like Game Pass and no matter what I love watching my team, so I will keep getting that. But I doubt that any of that goes to the Titans tbh...

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yawn with this again.

Riverman, I just don't understand why you want to lobby people not to spend money on the Titans or what you think it will accomplish.

People are still going to go to the games, and visitors seems to flock to Nashville (all raving what an awesome city it is).

I mean, what is it really going to accomplish to have a lot of people not spend money on the Titans? They move to another city? Is that your goal?

3. Alex1939

All of that said, if you think "bud will only listen when the fans stop paying money", I mean I'm sure like every season we've been out of the playoffs there won't be a full home crowd. There wasn't at the MNF Jets game or any other previous "bad" season so why would there be for the Jags game?

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have a question for you Alex. Do you have PSL's? If so, roughly how much a year to put into the organization?

My point with re-surveying is to see where my enthusiasm stands relative to other fans and their investment in the product. Quite simply- I don't find the experience worthwhile any more. I've wanted for several years to reduce my investment but have been reluctant to do so because it feels like quitting to me. Personally- I never quit anything. But it has come to a point where I have to reconcile those feelings and be sensible. I've got to stop throwing good money after bad.

I certainly wouldn't be so torn up about the organization if I wasn't floating a portion of it with my hard earned money. The organization wouldn't survive without saps like me- those who put their money where heart is. So with a yawn back at you Alex- just how much money do you put in a year to the organization? It's easy to insult those supporters who question the value of being a Titan fan any more, especially if you are doing so with minimal financial sacrifice to yourself. And of course I don't equate money spent with the quality of a fan. I find the whole "true fan" arguments a load of BS, weak-minded rhetoric.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I went to one game (Lions).... because I was given tickets. At least it was the one to go this season.

If Munch is back next season and we're seeing more of the same, I won't even go if given tickets.

6. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Personally we have two PSL's and have actually never missed a game since owning them. We've been there through the years while good and bad, on holidays, in the rain, in the cold wind, etc.. We've watched Bironas kick a career long field goal, we watched McNair create his magic, we watched VY take us down the field in seconds to win that game, and never regretted having to go to the Stadium on any given game day. Honestly, this year has been a struggle and we still haven't decided if we're going this Sunday. We love the Titans but this whole 2012 season fiasco has really weighed on us and honestly if it wasn't for the great tailgating and friends in the parking lot I'm not sure we wouldn't have skipped a few games this year.

The Stadium has been quiet all season basically and many empty seats and I can only imagine that it will be a ghost town next year unless some drastic changes are made to show the Fans that someone within the organization gives a rat's a$$!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

First season in years I have actually went to a game.. Only because the tickets were cheap though. Scarecrow and I went, picked probably the best Titans game of the year against the Steelers.

8. Alex1939

PSL Holder around $1500 for two tickets per season plus whatever else on concessions/merchandise.

So again, yawn.

Sorry you didn't sell your tickets when they were worth more. Will 5 polls a season asking whether or not posters are going to spend more money make a difference to whether or not you sell your tickets?

I bet more people are going to vote "i'm done" once a season is over and the team looks bad than the opposite. And I'm sure if next season is an overachieving miracle or whatever fans will spend high money for playoff tickets.

And there will be some VY threads either "i told you so" or "we should've kept him!" and dbc will still be clamoring for a Fisher mustache ride following every Rams game.

Who cares what is said here regarding your PSLs? If they aren't worth it to you then sell them.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fair enough. I appreciate the reply. I can at least surmise that the azz-hole population will be well represented of those who continue to spend.

10. Alex1939

It will at least be represented by 1.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar