The Unofficial Good, Bad, and Ugly Thread: Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Good:

1. Run Defense: They looked nasty out there and totally tore up a running game that ranked #2 in the league last year. What was most encouraging was that Haynesworth was off the field a fair amount today, and the defense didn't collapse. I was impressed with Jones and Brown particularly. KVB remains dominant. The defense appears just as solid as it was last year, it will be a blast for me at least to see if it can be better.

2. Pass Defense: Only weakness I saw really was on third down and "White Nose" Jones hurting us over the middle more than I would have liked. Finnegan looked great with his two interceptions, and I thought the whole secondary looked real solid out there all day.

3. Chris Johnson: This kid was just straight up exciting to watch out there. The Jag defense simply didn't have an answer for him AT ALL in the first half of the game. Probably would have had a better game if Young wasn't absolutely blank the whole game.

The Bad:

1. Vince Young: I think everyone's patience is starting to wear with Vince. And what makes it worse was inserting Collins into the lineup and gaining 60+ yards with ease and scoring from the 1 with LenDale. I think there are serious serious issues with Young and the playcalling and the receivers around him. However, Young made some just plain awful throws and decisions, and it's worrisome.

2. Playcalling: I'm sorry, but there's conservative and there's bad strategy. Throwing on 3rd and long and a recievers route doesn't even meet the marker just isn't logical. Gloat said it best in another thread; is there any doubt now that Fisher is the real shot caller around here?

3. Receivers: I fault this group the least in all our woes, but this group needs a #1. I like genuinely like Justin Gage, but as a #3. Brandon Jones isn't cutting it, and McCareins appears clueless at times out there. Lacking a number one really hurts us.

The Ugly:

1. Special teams coverage: When Hentrich and Bironas are both in your SP tackling stats, there's something. Handing the Jags field position didn't kill us this game, thanks to a defense that is stifling, but it needs to be looked at.

2. Schwartzie's Prevent: I swear to god, every time we're reasonably, but still not sealed, ahead of an opponent, Schwartzie loves to go into his little pet prevent defense. And I swear, EVERY team in the league enjoys getting some nice garbage yards at best. At worst, they'll score once and get back into it and make everyone's blood pressure go up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Good thread. Even disregarding the gloat reference. :)

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Can't disagree with any of that.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Great read and interpretation of the game.

Chris Johnson really looked good today. I'm impressed. He can play against good defenses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

A lot of the people on this site fail to realize what the prevent defense is..

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Our CB played real well. Finny made plays, and Harper was laying the wood.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Finny had the same number of INTs in this game as in his career.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Pretty much agree with all that. Glad to see CJ will give the O a much needed boost, but the pass game still sucks. I have my doubts about VY....even though he deserves more time. It's one of those things that just has to play out though imo. I wouldn't bench him with so much invested, we have to hope he comes into his own like Mac did.

But our pass game still could use a boost from a better WR. It's been beat to death, but a better reliable target could help quite a bit I think. The Justins are avg WR's. Maybe the least talented 1 and 2 in the league?

And it's about time someone made an "unofficial" thread :lol: I mean who has the right to do anything "official" other than TJ? :suspect:

10. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Good: The D
    Bad: Vince
    Ugly: Punt and Kick Return Teams and Justin McCarrens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar