The Unofficial Good, Bad, and Ugly Thread: Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I understand the concept of a prevent defense. Prevent long touchdowns and protect the sidelines so the opposing offense wastes clocks. That doesn't mean I think it works.

I think a prevent is fine when you're up by 13-17+ points and there's about 3-4 minutes to go. But if you're defense has been absolutely stifling for the entire game, and you're only up by 10, why go there?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

The only thing I can say about Vince is, yeah he makes some bad throws and bad decisions sometimes. But being the "Devil's Advocate" here, when he does make good throws He's just throwing to thin air. He made some good throws today, there was just nobody there. Who would have any confidence if know it's gonna be for nothing. Even today, look at how he throws to Scaife & CJ, there's alot more poise and confidence in his mechanics. The one good completion was called off for pass interference because the WR COULD NOT GET SEPARATION. I don't think it's all on Vince, and I agree He has to step it up, but it's up to the receiver to catch the ball.

How 'bout that "D", I'm impressed, especially when AH was out.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yeah our defense was stifling, but they're still human, and they are going to tire late in the 4th quarter when teams are going no huddle on them.

So if we stayed in a regular defense, we have a lot more 1 on 1's down the field making it easier to score in a less amount of time then it would be in the prevent.

The prevent is designed to not give up the big play. We were up 10 with 3 and a half minutes left to play. The prevent was the right call. Some of you guys have your minds already set that Schwartz is a horrible DC that you overlook the fact that he had a top 5 defense last season and is well on his way to have a top 3 this season. Give the man a break, Hes done everything right since the beginning of last season (with the exception of the Texan game).

How did the prevent not work? We gave up 3 points and won the football game. To me thats successful.

4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Did you even watch the game? It allowed them to drive right down the field for a FG before trying the onside kick.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

How can anyone not fault the receivers in our list of problems? I am so sick and tired of our receivers running a 5 yd crossing route when the sticks are at 6 yds. They do it all the freaking time and it drives me nuts.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How was Michael Griffin today?

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He whiffed on an early tackle, but he also got a SWEET sack early in the game. He was not mentioned much after that, but that can be a good thing.

8. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

You're ridiculous...That was exactly his point. We only gave up a field goal instead of a bomb in 1 on 1 coverage that would have made it a 3 point game.

It worked. We won. Get it?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

the ugly is the recievers for the pure fact that we are asking #2 and #3 wide recievers to play #1. Its ridiculous and it really showed in this game, the lack of a solid wr core that is. I mean dont misinterpret. I think Justin Gage, and Hawkins are going to be a big part of the Titans Offense for years to come, I think its quite pathetic when your TE and RB are #1 and #2 in recieving. Either we are calling the wrong plays, or we are bringing in the wrong people. Chris Davis probably wouldnt have made more then half of the other NFL rosters but he is our like #5. Sorry for the rant but it makes me angry.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Held a top rushing duo to 33yards!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar