the Vick/Young wildcat - 'dinger style

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah, but people don't build water parks in swamps...

like it or not hunters provide a public service. If hunters didn't hunt we would have to figure out some other means of population control. The fact is that if deer populations were not thinned we would be overrun with deer and they would wander into roads with great frequency causing property damage and loss of human life. That is the fact.

Putting a 30.06 round on a space the size of a paper plate from 100 yards undetected is no easy task. Deer aren't stupid. They have keen instincts and the ability to escape. I don't hunt but I appreciate the social benefit hunters provide and I understand how difficult it is to do what they do. Don't you understand that if there were no recreational hunters that the government would have to employ hunters to trim the populations? Would you want to pay for that?

There is no cause or justification for tying a wounded dog to a tree and burning it with cigars and beating it with clubs. That's wrong.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe I'll give it a go with Barney style detail

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Damn, that sounds like a soul-crushing job.

This is why I will never build my mom another computer...I don't want to hear how she broke the ****ing back button on IE. I just don't understand how she manages to do some of the crap I had to fix...

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

It can come up but in the end Vick will be playing ball again. and people will shut up sooner or later. i look for the NFL to suspend Vick for a period of 6 months to 1 year. but he will be back no matter how much people talk.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Isn't anyone else a little concerned about a dog killer playing in a cat formation.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Which was my point...

Since you mention Peta in your post, they have videos that show worse methods than a simple shot to the head. Check out their website. The methods rival Michael Vicks.

The deer usually don't go to waste. However, you'll never hear a group of redneck hunters conversing on "Man, I got me a ___lb deer and it can feed 5 families!!!". Instead, it's "i got an 8 point.", "oh man, there's a 12 pointer over in so-and-so's woods...I'm gonna get'em.", etc.
    It's sport. The food is a bonus. And yes, we need it due to overpopulation- but that's not the point. The point is, it's completely hypocritical to stand by the killing of one animal, but act like someone else is cruel for killing another.

Hell, we don't thank wild animals for killing humans due to our overpopulating.

So, being shot is worse than being electrocuted. Ok. It's still a crappy death.

According to Peta, the people eating chicken, beef, etc should be doing community service with him.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They don't. But if they did, you couldn't say the animals would be invading their territory when they're hit by a roller coaster or bite a limb off.

There's also the fact that humans have overpopulated and continue to do so as well. So who's going to control our population? It's needed. Should we thank Tsunamis and Hurricanes for population control? Thank god for Tornadoes, because like it or not they're doing a public service.
    Not only that but I believe humans cause more harm to ourselves than deer ever could.

No easy task? I know retards that can't tie their shoes that can hunt with the best of them. Deer aren't stupid? The ability to escape? lol
    Did you make this argument for Sean Taylor when he was shot in his home?

Shooting a deer that's eating where he feels comfortable is an easy task. Like shooting fish in a barrel. And again, I understand it's needed. I just don't think the people making excuses for one form of killing should be so defensive of another.
    It's like someone beating a man to death, but saying 'well, at least i didn't shoot him!'. That'd change the public's perception, for sure!

I agree. Did this actually happen though? Sounds too far fetched (no pun intended) to buy.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Its pretty simple,dog fighting is illegal an every state for a reason

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

You can't listen to PeTA. They actually urge their diabetic followers not to use insulin derived from animals (which all commercial medical insulin is) even though their VICE PRESIDENT uses animal derived insulin to manage HER DIABETES. Secondly, Vick has criminality in his blood. His mother is complete trash and does anyone remember this cute Albertesque stunt by his close protege Marcus Vick? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMcqB9jwS0

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

C'mon Gloat.

Deer are wild animals. Dogs are domesticated pets.

You are defending people that "STEAL" other people's pets and have them killed so they can train another dog which they beat the **** out of to make a fighting machine.

You are defending people that torture animals to make them fight, and then torture them some more when they need to be put down (killed), instead of giving them at least a merciful death.

I'm not a hunter, but I'm not anti-hunter either. But Hunting IN NO WAY equals dog fighting.

If a couple people catch 2 deer, enclose them in an area, beat on them to make them aggressive, and then torture them to death, I would be extremely outraged as well, fwiw.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar