The Vince Young Option...Lendale White and Brandon Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CanadaTitan, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

Run about 2-3 times a game at most... Taken From ROTOWORLD...
    Vince Young to bring back the option?
    The Titans are considering installing a "Vince Young Package" that would include option plays. There was a time in NFL history where using two quarterbacks depending on the situation was very common. In this scenario, the Titans may bring Young in a few times a game, possibly in the red zone, which would create headaches for defenses and fantasy owners alike. I was watching NFL network and Schefter said that after the season the Titans considered White a major steal and woulda taken him at 3 had he not had the recent problems (weight, no work out, etc.) but he suspects him to be a great fantasy value....I also saw on Rotoworld that Brandon Jones expects to be ready for training camp:brow:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LenDale White @ #3??

Brandon Jones is interesting, seems way to early.

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Now, I saw good things from Brandon Jones and Roydell Williams last year. Those were McNair's two main WRs until injuries forced us to find other ways to win (which didn't work well either). Jones didn't really get a fair shot, but looked good in the first few games. I liked Williams in that he reminded me of a young Mason. Him and McNair seemed to "connect." I believe that one reason these two shone so well last year was because everyone was covering Bennett and Kinney. If they work hard, we could have killer shotgun weapons!

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

no way BJ comes back that early...

5. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

hey if u check rotoworld i was surprised myself i hope hes 100 percent

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i checked with bj myself...

he's making very good progress though, its encouraging

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

This article : http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9447461 discusses this as well "Now, the Titans are planning on installing a "Vince Young Package," one that would include the option and force opposing defenses to have to prepare for more than just Tennesee's basic offensive attack."

and also mentions LenDale as a ROY candidate "If White stays healthy, he is going to have a huge rookie year and be in the running for the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year."

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

[​IMG]this looks overhand to me

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

looks behind him to me :winker:

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I think it's a combination of both throws

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar