The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ya i wondered about the body double thing too. was not expecting what i saw haha

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's amazing how dead-on Idiocracy is. We are dangerously close to split screen TV showing Ow, My Balls on one side with The Explosion Channel on the other. I suspect a few folks here already have a reclining toilet/sofa parked in front of their TV.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I wont dis SOA too much simply because I like many of the actors and the show is unique to its own in certain aspects, but that "gripping plot" is totally laughable as is the mandatory quota of weekly shoot-outs in a barn or warehouse (which typically has squat to do with the ongoing story). They abandoned Hamlet as the running source material about two season back and now every episode is a rushed mess of mindless nonsensical role reversals and very predictable stupidity. Jacks just sits and lets his wife be arrested without saying a word? Naw man.... sorry - just no. Jacks' entire motivation for everything - all six zillion tons of grief and daily death encounters are because he just wants to continue to play biker boy? Oy..

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Halfway into season 2 now, this season is slow but still solid, Daryl is definitely my favorite character. And kudos to this show for actually doing an Asian guy/white girl romance, you rarely see that, and actually making him just a normal Asian American, not another ching chong chang fob.

Maybe it's just me but I wish they would have chosen a different actress for Lori, it's not even she's a bad actress, I don't know, it's just something about her that makes her annoying and not believable, it's almost distracting. Even on Prison Break, I never liked her.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lori was cast correctly, especially for Season 3. She is a character I believe is intended to divide fans and be a thorn in the side of Rick and she is believable in that role. I think few have been miscast on the show. The minute you start casting "babes" it might as well be Baywatch..
    Everyone loves Darrell, but lol he is no redneck and has a hard time keeping his LA urban dialect in check - especially in heated scenes..

6. GeronimoJackson

"I'm doing stuff, Lori. Things."

- Not one of Walking Dead's best lines.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is there any way I can block this thread from refreshing?

8. GeronimoJackson

Lol it has nothing to do with her not being a "babe," I think it's 'cuz of the way she was in Prison Break and I can't look past it. As for Daryl,
    just got caught up, season 3 is pretty insane so far and I would say I'm addicted, but yeah, he won't die anytime soon, him and Glenn have too many fangirls so they'll be safe until at least towards the end of the show.

9. GeronimoJackson

LOL
    the second they brought in that new black guy from the prison, I knew T-Dog was a goner, it's always got to be the token black guy. Just like how they killed the previous new black guy in the same episode that other new black guy was introduced.

T-Dog was cool, Carol is boring and useless, give us back T-Dog and we'll give you Carol.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't remember what thread we were discussing Hometown/Dexter in so I'm just throwing this in here.

Man, Dexter nose dived in credibility (not that it had much) to finish the season. What a disappointment! I'm recommending some friends to stop at the end of season 4 as I thought the last 2 seasons were completely garbage.

Homeland I still find ridiculous but that finale was fantastic. And nothing as ridiculous as what happened in Dexters last few episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar