The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ya this thread is all kinds of ridiculous. Doesn't look like we are going to have much meaningful conversation here this season except for how incredibly terrible this soon to be cancelled #1 show on TV is lmao

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And how absolutely nothing new has happened! I mean, not like I watched it to know if anything new happened. But man it sucks how nothing NEW happens!

Can't believe the idiots at AMC aren't cancelling this show yet!

:sarcasm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

If you didn't like the season 4 premiere, there is 0 chance you will like the future of this show.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

So I dl'd the new episode.

Pretty lame. Apparently now the show is about couples and who is fking who. No thx.

5. Alex1939

Are you sure you watched the right show?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's right. I watched with a friend and I'm sitting there thinking "seriously???... three different couples shown in the first five minutes (two new ones)." This isn't the right show for that IMO. Obviously the big black guy will die and that chick will be sad. Then that one new guy died without any development - emo wrist cutter chick doesn't even care. That's cold. Btw she is way too pale and unhealthy looking. Looks like Macaulay Culkin.

Plus there's that whole gay Daryl/short haired older woman relationship. If Daryl bangs her, I'm done.

At least that Waldo kid (who I hated from second he popped on screen) died... At least the show has my curiosity in how exactly he died and who will he bite next episode.

7. Alex1939

This show isn't really that complicated that it needs explaining but hell, here it goes anyway...

The Walking Dead is a zombie show that focuses on people's ability to adapt and survive. Not just survive as far as "breathing" and "eating" but survive as human beings.

Do you assume people will not **** because of a zombie apocalypse? Exactly how much "romance" was in the show? The young blonde has a 1 minute scene with the boyfriend that bites it later in the episode. Then it shows how she has adapted to handling the death of someone she was close with, ya know considering she tried to kill herself in the 2nd season. Part of the interest in the show is how humans respond and evolve to what is going around them and her hardcore response was interesting (to me). How much of the show was between Carol and Daryl? What a 2-minute scene that was more about how Daryl is worshiped by the people living in the prison since he takes more risks bringing back food? The black dude and chick stabbing zombies thru the fence took about 2 minutes. I really doubt it will go the route of "he dies, she sad" as you put it. But maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit or thinking they will go the route of the comics with theses characters which is more of a twist... So you have roughly 6 minutes of couples stuff plus maybe another 5 that focused on Glen and Maggie. Basically 20-25% of the show.

I really find these criticisms baseless. It's more like it is coming from people that don't want to watch a zombie/survival type show and then complaining because that's what it is?

"How many hours are in a day when you don't spend half of them watching television? When is the last time any of us REALLY worked to get something that we wanted? How long has it been since any of us really NEEDED something that we WANTED? The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. IN a matter of months society has crumbled, no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living." - Back of every walking dead comic.

I really don't think this show is just the **** or anything, but a lot of this criticism seems so baseless.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

Let me word it differently to see if the criticisms make sense...

This show should NEVER have romantic encounters between people whatsoever. And it needs to be "New".

So does it need to turn into a musical? Or a comedy? Or do we need to add in aliens to the show?

Exactly what should this show be?

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Dont need anything explained. First episode was boring as ****. I'll hope that the season improves, but we've been through this before. I don't want to watch

General Hospital:Zombie Outbreak.

I want to watch the fking walking dead.

10. Alex1939

I don't see how it was any different than the TTG. Actually thought while watching "this zombie falling thru the rooftop scene seems exactly like something that would happen in the TTG." Same for the Rick and crazy lady portion of the episode. Really thought she nailed the part.

I am over emo-Rick but still loved that scene.

Oh well, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion... no matter how wrong and baseless that opinion is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar