The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Zombie survival dreams are my absolute favorite. I usually find all kinds of guns in mine, but they are always either broken, or I have no ammo at all. Like Resident Evil 1 lol

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

28 Days Later was great.

28 Weeks Later started out nice... I liked the "new society" and all.

The movie absolutely lost me when they herded the humans into a cramped subway terminal when there were infected roaming. There's NO WAY a force that went to such an extent for securing that area would put all the helpless people in a NON-SECURED place. An infected managed to walk in through some doorway.

Dumb.

Absolutely lost me right at that moment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I hated 28 Days Later... so I never watched 28 Weeks Later.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

After watching that first episode... very well done. Loved the addition of zombies in riot gear - with everyone infected, who knows how they bought it?

From previews, surely everyone knows about the return of Merle... I'm very curious how this will impact the group - primarily Daryl.

Daryl has become completely accepted by the group. He's Rick's right-hand-man. He and that older lady have a relationship going. Not an outsider and seems to have put his racism to rest.

How will Merle's return disrupt this? Will Daryl "join" Merle... or will Daryl go against his brother and stick with the group/his woman?

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Actually, I don't believe you have to feed them anything.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay I know it's a zombie show so you can throw the realism out of it but I hope they don't get too carried away with it. Kind of like the Batman series where it's just a superhero movie but with a sense of realism I guess would be the word for it. I think of The Walking Dead like that, now we have a ninja chick carrying around 2 zombies all the time it's almost at the comic book feel to me and I don't want that.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Meh... it's someone that knows how to use a katana. There are people out there that know how to use swords. I'd be more upset if she just suddenly picked up a sword and was great with it.

As for the 2 "pets" she has... she is talked about as the character that "gets it" when it comes to life, now. I believe those 2 zombies are her boyfriend and his friend.

It can seem unrealistic... but, when you break it down, there's not that much to it, in my opinion.

She's just a lady that knew how to use a katana before the outbreak and figured out a use for the "pets."

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

So what you are trying to say is to survive in this new world, we need Ryudo in our group?

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

What else are we going to do in our downtime? Play cards?

Gotsta have gaming!

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here we go again.. LOL
    I don't find it important to know the reason. In fact not knowing "why" and the subsequent rationalization has played a big role in many of the better Z films. It's the big question every Romero films asks and has been forgotten in the dumbed down films of more recent years..
    Ken Foree's character asserts that Hell is full so the dead must walk the earth.
    The pilot John from Day of The Dead notes that "We're bein' punished by the Creator. He visited a curse on us. Maybe He didn't want to see us blow ourselves up, put a big hole in the sky. Maybe He just wanted to show us He's still the Boss Man. Maybe He figure, we gettin' too big for our britches, tryin' to figure His **** out."
    It's the questions that make it interesting, rather than just having stuff blow up cuz we tortured some chimps.. And yes, the zombies in 28 are the equivalent adolescent male chimpanzees.
    These movies (Zombieland etc.) exist because the makers of those films also loved the greats (Night/Dawn) but the studio hand in the new ones force them to dumb **** down and make things marketable for the masses - and yeah, having an immediate answer for the cause of post-apocalyptia rather than asking to ponder it is indeed dumbing it down. So long as we know the score.
    I get it, kids want explosions and boobs and not much else but I recommend going back and digging into the classics when you're ready for them..

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar