Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361

thanks for the reply.

I'm actually more annoyed with the writing than the lack of action. I already feel like it's being dragged out now so I can't imagine how I would feel 2 years from now. I'll watch every once in a while when I want to see some zombies explode but other than that I have enough shows to watch already.

I'm not trying to hate on the show but one of the key issues imo is the lack of character development and like I mentioned before just the writing overall. I haven't really felt a connection with any of the characters since season 1/early parts of 2. Whenever someone dies now I don't even blink an eye.

Sometimes I even forget there's a zombie apocalypse, they sucked the fear out when they moved into the isolated prison for like 2 seasons or however long they were there. I know it's weird to say that since the show is called The Walking Dead but eh those are my feelings about it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,931
    I think you should both quit watching. If you didn't enjoy the latest season the show aint for you
    Creeping-Cruds and TBaker34 high five this.
  2. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,154
    That's what's so frustrating to me though. I really enjoyed the first half of the season. So much so that I even said it had the potential to be the best season ever. But then the second half was a huge letdown and waste of time for me.

I can deal with "slow" episodes. I'm more about story than action anyway. But it seems that each season I find more and more episodes just seem to meander around and worse, are boring. That's a trend that's becoming hard to ignore. Maybe you're right and I should just quit watching. But like I said I hate that I have 4 years invested in it. And now it finally seems something big might be on the horizon. Of course I felt that way about Woodbury too, so...

I'll most likely watch at least a handful of episodes next season to see where it's going. I've cut the cord to cable so I don't exactly have a plethora of shows I'm keeping up with anyway. I don't hate the show. These past two seasons have just been letdowns for me.