The Whole McNair Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I understand us waiting on releasing him or trading him, so that he doesn't have as much time to pick-up their play book.

But the only thing that bothers me or should I say worries me is will Ty Law wait as long as we want to wait to deal McNair??

2. H Man

H Man Guest

I would really be surprized to see us pick up Law...but I would like it. I thought he wanted BIG BUCKS$$$

Have I missed something, or are you just being hopeful?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Floyd needs to make his final offer to McNair. I'm sure the Titans are also having conversation with Law regarding what is his price. If the cap space freed up with the trade/release of McNair is sufficient, it is time to pull the trigger on both deals.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Law says he wants to join the Titans. He likes the idea of working with PacMan. He'd be a big help on D for us, and settling down PMan. We'd have a real nice secondary with him.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Law isn't going to change Jones, in fact i doubt anyone will. He will be what he has always been a punk..change that a rich punk now

6. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I have to agree, you can't change someone who doesn't realize they have a problem that needs to be changed. Until he can realized that he's not doing the things he needs to be doing or that he could possibly use some new friends, then he will always be a cancer to the team.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Whatever happens will Pacman, Law would help this team, and I don't see a whole lot of other options out there. He was talking about wanting ten million. Obviously, we don't have it. If he's willing to come down a few million, and we release Mac, we could give him a signing bonus and have CB set for several years.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

law wants more than a 32-year-old CB is worth.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Who cares. We have alot of CAP space next year so if there is a way to squeeze him in this year I'm all for it. A guy like Law is gonna help us the next couple of years stay competitive and win some games.
    Law had 10 ints last year!

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

who cares? that's the type of attitude that will get us in to cap hell before we have a chance to enjoiy being out of it.

he's 32-years-old, he's not worth the money. if he was that great, wouldnt the jets and eric mangini(his former postion coach) want to exercise his option? i would think so, but they didnt.

if he was so great, why is he still available? i'm telling you, signing him to that type of deal would be a mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar