THE WIRE final season

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Won't reveal anything, but Episode 59 (Untitled) is one of the most powerful single episodes of the season. I never shed a tear for any art, but there are two scenes in particular, if you've followed since day one, will really hit you hard.

The season finale in 2 weeks is 93 minutes long, and looks like a MONSTER.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Episode 59 is titled Late Editions

watching it right now

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

"How's my hair look man?"

Hardest line ever in context...

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"you look good girl"

wow
    smart kid

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can't believe there is but one episode left.. What happened to a full 12 episode season?
    Nonetheless, The Wire will have gone off as a largely unrecognized show that delivered every single season. I will miss it.

HBO has officially run out of good dramas.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I have the Series Finale right now on my hard-drive. Quality is fantastic, with the HBO watermark. WinRAR required for unpacking. PM me if you want to get high early.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Most definitely appreciate the kind offer but it just wouldn't be right to break my Sunday night tradition at this point. Cheers to The Wire..

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll just say, that while many expected the series to go out with a bang and some violence, it most definitely did not for the most part, and Simon only telegraphed a few punches so to speak. But I couldn't have asked for a better wrap up of my favorite television series ever; the word of the day is "satisfying", and that's what I hoped for.

Enjoy this Sunday, and savor it.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Word.. I most definitely will.

Just read that Chris Baur, who played Frank Sobatka is in the cast of the new HBO vampire series True Blood as well as William Sanderson (EB Farnum from Deadwood). Maybe I won't cancel my subscription just yet,,

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I won't be canceling mine just for Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Flight of the Conchords. But their dramas aren't looking promising. Chris Baur is a great actor though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar