The Wolf Man

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lawrence Talbot's first screen appearance in 50 years...

Trailer starts at around 00:30
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EiYWgkJzjkk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EiYWgkJzjkk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Could be great, could be terrible.

Anthony Hopkins keeps getting typecast as an old man with a terrible secret. He's basically playing the same role that he had in Beowulf.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The commercial reveals that the story is pretty much unchanged from the original though father Talbot (Hopkins) seems to believe in the Werewolf here rather than full denial as was the case with the Claude Raines role. The final scene with the Wolfman running thru the forest searching after the girl is pure glorious Universal Horror - updated as it should be. My only concerns are the Underworld-esque looking scenes where he's atop the gargoyle (WTF?)

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Like the actors (Del Toro especially), like the screenwriters (best efforts: Se7en, Sleepy Hollow, Road To Perdition), do not like the director (Jurassic Park III, Jumanji? Pass...).

Trailer looks like it could go both ways.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ahhh joe johnston, how you ruined my favorite childhood dinosaur movies.

although he did direct a classic in Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jurassic Park 3 wasn't all bad. It's better then 2.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I dunno, it was pretty crappy to me. Lost World was awful though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar