The World Cup is coming to Nashville!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smudger

Smudger Starter

There will be a lot of competition for the 2018 World Cup, that is not to say that the US are not in the running. The fact that the 2014 World Cup is held in South America could be a slight disadvantage, I know it is South America and not North, but it may mean voters could lean towards Europe, Asia or Australasia. England and Spain will put in competitive bids but if I was a betting man I could see Australia having the winning bid.
    A 2022 would seem to me a good year for the US to host it.

2. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

NYC, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston (Foxboro), Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, KC, LA, Miami, Nashville, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa & Washington DC

Which 8 cities do you all think will make the cut ? ... Mine are in bold

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You are right, it's not a done deal, but Nashville cleared a big hurtle to still be in the running.

I don't think how many soccer fans live in Nashville will be considered, all tickets will be sold out, to many foreign visitors. That won't be a problem.
    I think they'll look at the logistics and amenities available here. Nashville would provide a unique cultural setting for the World Cup, and a way to reach and make many new fans.

p.s. There is some great Mexican food to be had in Nashville, as we have a large community of Mexicans.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The World Cup would be a great thing for us.

I also would care A LOT more about the World Cup than Soccer in general. As someone said, we don't pay as much attention to Soccer because the best players aren't here much. I, for one, would be at any World Cup game played in Nashville, no matter the cost. The World Cup in your home city is a huge deal.

It's a long shot, but it's hard to overstate how amazing it would be if it happened.

P.S. Clearly, JC here doesn't get out much. You like American things because you are American, and haven't experienced any of those things as they are meant to be experienced. Try having "american" food in Europe or South Africa... it's terrible.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We don't have the stadiums for it.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    la Copa del Mundo está llegando a Nashville!

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

didn't stop South Africa

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather have my taxes spent on something that will last after 3 days of use.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with you.

You probably already know that most of those things are designed to be partially deconstructed so that their real home team can afford routine maintiance on the smaller venues

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

NYC, Atlanta, Dallas or Houston (not both), Indy, Miami, Philadelphia, Phoenix and LA

It'll probably be like 2 cities from the NW, NE, SW, SE or something like that.

Who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar