The world is a stupid, yappy dog.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

There is a special place in Hell for any of you who have stupid little yappy dogs outside disturbing the neighbors.

I have not one but two close neighbors with stupid dogs trying to outyap each other. Two more in the distance are trying to enter the competition.

They wake us up at wee hours of the morning or right after falling asleep. My complaints have been met with "you just need to relax." Now I just throw rocks until I hit either dog or window.

Death to all stupid yappy dogs and their self-centered owners.

Cats ftw.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

have you tried calling the police or checking with local ordnances ?

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I love dogs.

But I also love BB guns.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It's a rural community, so the police are ineffective.
    One of my neighbors is on the HOA board, and he tells me that one of these neighbors has had repeated violations but is such a racist redneck that any attempt to cite them turns into a fistfight. I, for one, advocate street justice for those who can't follow simple social order.
    The other neighbor is my landlord, and he hates the noise too... but it's his live-in gf's dogs. They have accommodated as much as they can and keep the dogs inside as much as possible, but when redneck neighbor's dog goes off, they do what comes natural.

FTR, I actually love animals and I always fault the owners with bad behaviors. Ignorant redneck neighbors don't even bother trying to correct their dog's behavior, and they're the worst kind of dog owner: buys it as a toy for the kids (who are rarely outside) and then ties it to a porch rail for all day and night. If anyone, I should call the SPCA.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree but can't say much since my Pug doesn't shut up once he gets going.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ive always wanted a pug, just so i could name him pugsly

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Our is Frank.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

lol... had the same problem a while back... eventually they would stop, but small bark would send my dog in a barking frenzy which would annoy the rest of my family...
    cant say my dog's the same... he's a good dog... however, if he hears another dog barking he would answer ><

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Little dogs will never shut up, good luck to you and your sanity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can understand your frustration. I was in a similar situation years ago. But this is a rather poor (and frankly mean) way to go about trying to resolve the issue. It's not the dogs fault so you certainly shouldn't be throwing rocks at them. You yourself hit the nail right on the head...
    100% accurate. You'd be more justified throwing rocks at the owners than the dogs.

Sounds like the HOA isn't doing their job then. Sounds like they're (A) scared of getting beat up by some dumb hick. And (B) giving special treatment to the girl who is sexing them.

I'm not understanding why this redneck being ornery makes any difference in the world. They still need to cite him just like an other HOA member. Then if he wants to throw blows over it, just call law enforcement.

As for the landlord's gf, I understand that dogs get riled up when other dogs nearby are going crazy. But the owners still should bring the dogs inside if they are disturbing the neighborhood, whether their dogs "started it" or not.

Again, sounds like your HOA is pretty pathetic when it comes to enforcing their own rules. With an apathetic/incompetent board your best bet is to just keep complaining any and every time you have the opportunity. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." Are there other neighbors nearby who are equally annoyed? If so, maybe try approaching the HOA as a group and see if that makes a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar