There is a bright future ahead for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

With all the blunders of this season the Titans are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.
    And even if we do not make it to the playoffs, the future looks bright.
    In my opinion we had an outstanding draft and picked up a lot of good players (Locker, Klug, Ayers, McCarthy etc.)
    A few players from previous drafts showed promise (Cook, Williams)
    With the right FA pick ups and another good draft the Titans can become very competitive the next Season.
    Reggie Wayne is due to become a free agent after this season and I hope the Titans are in the market for him. Imagine a lineup with Britt, Wayne, Cook, CJ, and Locker under center. This would be brutal to defend against.

With all the changes and lack of a decent running game and the Britt injury I would have never imagined we would still be able to make the playoffs in week 17.

There is always hope! Go Titans!:thumb:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

**** Wayne, if we do go after a FA receiver it better be Bowe. But I agree this team has potential to be very good in time.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't be too upset with Bowe or Wayne, just can't imagine we'd ever look at either.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Forget WR we need a Center. Number one priority.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. munie

munie Starter

Can't reveal the secret plan that'll take us to the top :brow:

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I totally agree. We need to go and get Scott Wells, Nick Hardwick, or Jeff Saturday.

We don't need to spend any big money getting a vet WR. We need to draft another one that can grow with Locker. If we need another vet then go the cheap FA route.

We need to get better inside on both sides of the ball. That is where I put my focus this offseason.

I also want Finny resigned. He is a key to our secondary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

the OL is our biggest weak point... but our main priority this offseason is to resign finny

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I want another big WR. Bowe would be great. Him and Britt and put Nate in the slot. DWill is not a starter imo

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not too excited about adding another former Colt to our team, but why are you counting out Washington? If anything, Cook needs to get erased from your list, he's proven several times he can't be counted on.

But I do agree that we have a bright future.

Seeing how Munchak's first draft went leaves me extremely anxious to get to April.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im excited for the draft because Reindfelt has been pretty great in the draft lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar