Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

There Will Be Blood

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by KamikaZ, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Wow. What a year for cinema. We have been graced with two masterpieces this year (the other being No Country For Old Men), and this movie is a thing of beauty. This movie is the definition of visceral, pulsating with intensity through-out it. It explores the vices of greed, becoming drunk on the spirit of competition, fury against religion and those who follow it, the nature of using a loved one, only to be abandoned. Heavy, heavy stuff. Not to mention Daniel Day Lewis puts in the performance of a lifetime, creating a character with so many threads of complexity, a jaw-dropping view of a person's descent into...well, go see the movie already!

This movie will haunt you, maybe disturb, but definitely make you think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eK3ZrZCocs0
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    if i see one movie this year i will be sure to see that.
  3. Ubiq BAMF

Moolah:
    $0
    Saw it today. It was amazing to say the least.

Unbelievable how good of an actor Daniel Day-Lewis really is. If he doesn't get an Oscar for this one then there is something wrong.
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    That movie is playing in Chattanooga now. I'm going to go! My birthday is Monday so my buddy and his wife and my old lady are gonna go and check it out. I really am looking forward to it.
  5. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,626
    I'm stoked- can't wait to see it.
  6. Yossarian I am Him.

George
    Moolah:
    $38
    You will find few better actors than Daniel Day-Lewis
  7. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,644
    Is this another choppy movie? Where the director tries to be cute and can't just let the story itself carry the film? I heard someone mention it, so before I watch I want to be sure that's not the case.
  8. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    That's not even remotely the case here. The direction is very linear and simple to follow; there are no tricks here at all really.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    DDL won an award for this didn't he? And he dedicated it to Heath Ledger?
  9. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    He won the Golden Globe and SAG award for his portrayal of Daniel Plainview. Hopefully he'll get the Oscar as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.