There's always a bright side

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Maybe we get a high enough draft pick to get Eric Berry for this upcoming year

2. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

I crunch draft picks every year and try to predict/then analyze what moves are made. I was 100 percent behind the CJ move, I'm a UT fan so naturally I like VY and will be hoping for a 1st round D player next year.

With that said I have looked at Berry if we are in the top 10 ( I am saying we will end up 7-9 this season and be around #10) but am not sure where he should be. I mean he is awesome, we all know that but will he go top 10?

Tebow, McCoy and maybe Bradford will be there.

Maybe these guys

DT=Terrance Cody,Ndamukong Suh,Gerald McCoy, Arthur Jones
    DE=Greg Hardy
    LB=Sergio Kindle
    Plus o linemen make Berry a reach for me at 10.

In history there are very few D-backs that I would have felt good about picking that high. Bailey, Sharper, Woodson, Reed are a few but it is just a tough move.

I think if we have a top 10 then we need to go with a D-lineman or a LB. I would love to get Cody (or otherwise call him Albert JR)

Sure if we end up between 10-20 then I am all for Berry.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Berry is really good but QB is IMO going to be our #1 need after this season. I'm far from sold on McCoy, somewhat sold on Bradford, and not at all sold on Tebow, keep him out of Tennessee at all costs.

Right now (which could change) I like Tony Pike and Jimmy Clausen. Jake Locker is climbing into this category as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I kinda cut some of your post to get the main points about Berry. You might want to check some mock drafts, hes predicted to go top 5 in most mocks.
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php (#2)
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php (#7)
    http://newnfldraft.com/ (#2)
    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Mock-Draft (#8)
    http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mockdrafts.htm (#5)

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm liking LB 1st round.
    Trade up for a 2nd for a QB.
    Get a "good" cornerback in the free agency. Work on the development of Ryan Mouton, Cary Williams, and Jason McCourtey.

The Titans NEVER should have traded their 2010 2nd for the Pats 3rd last year for Cook. We should of just got Cook w/ our 3rd. Our draft should of went... Britt, CORNERBACK, Cook... Mouton was a reach we could of gotten him 4th-5th round.

6. davidsrobbins

I agree with you completely on those QB's as long as Vince comes in and plays bad. If he comes in and looks good then we don't need a QB as bad as a top D player.

If Fisher doesn't play him then I don't care because I can't support a coach I completely disagree with and will go for whatever team is playing the Titans until he leaves and we get a different coach.

7. davidsrobbins

That would be absolutely crazy, look through history and see how many D-back have gone top? I would be completely against taking a D-back there, we have to take a lineman if we go top 5(which I doubt we will).

Here are the top 5 CB's (Woodson is the only one I would have wanted to pay top 5 money to)

Turner-2
    Pickens-3
    Blades-3
    Springs-3
    Woodson-4
    Taylor-5
    Jammer-5
    Newman-5

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/history?year=-1&round=1&position=82

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I was kidding on the Berry thing mainly because I truly don't believe he will be around when we get our pick. If he was, it could be a consideration because he could go in the back and we could move griffin down to cb where I think he would play alot better ball. I agree we need d lineman but we have been lacking in our dback category for awhile. You are also gonna have some issues with lb before long. I'm not keen on a qb because I refuse to give up on VY until he has another chance. If he stinks, then I don't know who I would pick. I don't really like any of the qb's coming out. I'm a diehard Tennesse fan so I don't like Tebow but I also know if he played for UT we would be naming streets after him. I've had my fill of Clausens so don't particularly care to be watching one on Sundays. I think Bradford is soft and the others aren't really on the radar for me so I'm really not sure.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I agree on the Clausen deal, but if you got a rich daddy anything is posible, and I don't think Tebow can play quarterback NFL style. He might make a good tight end. I am also a die hard UT fan and went to every home game back when the "un-known Vol fan paper bags" were popular in the 80's.
    Smokey was on suicide watch back then.

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

How about we turn the season around and win it all and then trade up if we have to and get a good QB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar