There's always a bright side

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Looks like Leigh Bodden is about our best option if we want a db out of free agency. It would be much better to get the talent through the draft not to mention cheaper but then again Bodden is proven.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Berry's coverage isn't near good enough to even be relevant since we get zero pressure.

3. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

No ones coverage is unless your lucky enough to land a champ bailey but good luck with that. The pressure was the key and we lost it when fat al left.

4. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

rb's are way over rated any hyped in the nfl. Many teams like Denver and NE have proven that year in and year out. If you have a great O line then almost anyone can run behind it. Sure CJ is awesome but RB's timeframe is so short that there will be the next great thing by tomorrow. I am saying trade him to get good value out of him and build the Defense. If the O line is good then Ringer and Lendale will run just fine.

5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

You have a good point but not every day do you get a CJ.

6. davidsrobbins

I would be interested in hearing what would be stranger? Aliens coming down, me winning the lottery or you seeing the light here would not be stranger that us making the playoffs at this point.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well the chargers have won out after starting 0-4. I think we have the possibility to do the same and lets see we lost to the ratbirds last year and the squeelers won the superbowl. Good enough for you.

8. davidsrobbins

I agree however we don't have to have a top 5 pick to find that guy, very few of the greats have been top 5 picks. However almost all of the top 5 linemen have been good. Teams with top 5 picks that chose linemen have been more rewarded with quality play than picking a skill player.

9. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I hate to even say it but it sorta makes sense in a screwedup titans thinkng sort of way that they would be overexposing the shyt out of CJ right now so as to trade him to pick up some good picks or trades. Either that or trading lendale but I got a funny feeling someone is going

10. davidsrobbins

Denver traded their top RB in the league for a DB and many people were like WTF! Now look at them, Portis sucks and Champ pays dividends all the time. RB's are great for selling Jerseys and making highlight reels however they are probably the most easily replaceable players on the team. I mean look at SF this year, Coffee is chewing it up with Gore out. I could go on and on with examples about this, sure having AP in your backfield is awesome but you don't win without the QB.

I don't WANT to trade CJ but I just think it is the best move for the Defense right now if you can get someone like Dumervil, Ware, Allen, or Freeney. He is worth a trade if you can pick up a guy who changes the game on Defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar