They Call This Rebuilding?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tungtide, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

The D played about as well as expected at first. Hell, when you play practically the whole game your going to give up points against the best running back in the league.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Here's a nice little point...

Vince scores even when he throws inaccurately. Collins throws interceptions when he's inaccurate. Stats:

V. Young 7/19 106 1 0
    K. Collins 6/19 57 0 2

Name/Pass-Att/Yards/TD/INT of course

I don't care that Kerry Collins is a veteran, Vince is still more ready than he is!

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Some posters have been claiming "everyone is over-reacting" since pre-season and game 1.

Personally, I'd rather be posting about how we just had a few "correctable mistakes" but even Fish has given up using that term. We are spinning our wheels- 2004 we were 5-12, 2005 we were 4-11, currently we are 0-2. There are no signs of improvement. I don't think anyone is over-reacting when calling for change. There has been no sign that things are going to change any time soon.

Pats, Eagles, Steelers, Colts, are all on 5-7 year stretches. Their draft picks over the past 3 years are working out. They all utilize solid systems that players can "plug in" to. The Titans no longer have that type of system. That comes from the FO and coaching.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I just spoke to a friend of mine. He said it took 5 games last year to get to the point that he doesn't care to even watch it. This year it only took two games. As for all the folks that think it was right to let McNair go, Baltimore won today. Maybe we should have paid Steve, drafted Vince and started from scratch with the ofensive line and receivers. Then maybe cut some big names during camp on the defense to maybe let these guys know that they had better play.
    Hey, how about Fisher's dispassionate standard "very dissapointed with the effort...blah...blah...blah" statement. This man needs to get publicly outraged with this team. It is starting to look like Jeff Fisher is a one trick pony who is only as good as the coordinators he hires. There is such a thing as being too laid back about things.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

It makes it hard to watch other games too cause their teams play well... You watch about any game and you'll see play makers. Guys moving around catching balls making tackles and so on... It's sickening.

6. its really a downer, and i was so pumped for this season

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Too bad the players weren't pumped for this season.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They will be when we change QBs.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

McNair isn't winning games in Baltimore, he isn't even doing that well.

It's the defense. They have put up something like 52 fantasy points, that means a lot of sacks, INTs, Fumble recoveries, keeping low scores, TDs.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

against the RAIDERS mcnair was 16/33 143 yards 1td 1int. they settled for 4 FGs. seems like that is pretty much what we saw last year, except they have a defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar