They jinxed my prediction

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Early after the 2007 season ended, I predicted that the Titans would draft a RB early in the draft. Needless to say, my prediction was met with alot of opposition. I stuck to my guns and argued through every good point that was brought up. Now in the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky is basically making the same prediction, ( Draft picks may fill Titans backfield - May pick RB for third year). DANG! He jinxed me. Now that he MIGHT steer some people towards his reasoning, there's no way the Titans would draft a RB. It makes too much sense. We're a running team with a #1 running back that's good, but not all that.
    I would rather Paul predict the selection of a first round Center. That way there would have been a better chance of my prediction to come true.

2. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Chris Johnson would be nice.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

If we can snag Steve Slaton in the 3rd round....I would be happy

4. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I'd like for us to Snag that Wideout from Mich. St also....

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've warmed up to Ray Rice, Kevin Smith and Slaton
    I've seen them all mocked 3rd round and beyond

but if they wanna draft DeSean Jackson in the 1st, then Chris Johnson in the 2nd I guess I'll have to learn how to live with it

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

his size worries me....at the nfl level corners combine speed an physicality much than taht at the college level. he seems like a receiver who if gets jamed at the line can be taken out of a play.

he can probably be compared to steve smith w/ size an speed but i dont think he has steve's power.

dont get into college ball stuff over here too much..kinda just sayin what i've read bout him. either way though apparantly rb talent is deep in this class n becuase of that i think we can use our 1st pick differently....not necessarily WR

as far as im concerned i just want us to draft the best available WR/RB/CB/DE w/ our first couple picks...

or myabe we could draft a DE/CB early n trade up a bit in the 2nd to get a WR (been c-in a lot of names round the 1st round at WR...ducket, kelly, manningham, sweed, hardy, jackson...one of them wil def be around midway 2nd...i say trade up

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, he wouldn't

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He doesn't know. It's only a suspicion. I would be happiest if we took Johnson in 2. Doubt he lasts longer than that. The ideal first day to me would be Groves/ Johnson.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I do feel that if the Titans are prepared to take Desean Jackson at 24, they should be equally prepared to take Chris Johnson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar