Thinking about buying this truck.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

naw has to be 2003 or newer. with less than 120k miles. and great cosmetic condition.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

[​IMG]

this should be under 2000$

and it would fit you great

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Have an '07 Tundra Crew. Can it compete in power with the bigger Ford and Chevy trucks? Probably not because wasn't made too, but compared to the f-150 and that level? Absolutely it does. As far as the "Buy American" crap goes, well sorry, the American car manufacturers made crap cars for years in the 80's and such, so it is their problem. The Tundra is every bit as "American Made" as the Ford or Chevy. In fact, Cars.com in 2008 named it the 5th on the "American Made" list.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I have a 1991 Silverado that I have owned since 92. Used it as a daily driver until gas got too expensive. I use it now to tow a jon boat and use it to move furniture, haul trash, etc.

Please by a GM (government motors) product so my taxes will go down.

5. OhioStomper

OhioStomper Practice Squad

Buy American "CRAP?" Why exactly is that crap?
    I have issues with the way these rags and websites calculate american made. They go by the percentage of parts made in the US, not by the number of jobs created. I can make a long post about exactly how American car parts are made... I make part of my living hauling these parts and see the cars come together.
    Iron mined in the US, Made into steel in the US, sent to various factories for stamping, welding, painting, foaming, and a hundred other processes (all american jobs), not to mention all the transportation jobs created. Now, if each part goes through say 5 different plants, how many more jobs does 90% american create than say your 75% Tacoma?
    The place I work for www.browncorp.com makes parts for Ford, Chrysler, GM, Nissan, and Lear Seats. My brother in law is quality manager. I asked him about it when I was delivering a load of Ford Econoline seat frames today. He showed me how much lighter the steel used in Nissan is than the other three and said that the quality checks are about 1/3 as much as for Ford. The parts are the main beams that your dash, steering column, and all that bolts to called an IP. I can twist the Nissan Xterra parts in my hands, but the ones they have for the Mustang, Challenger, and Dodge trucks are rigid.
    I can't speak about Toyota, I have never seen raw parts for them, but Nissan is a joke.
    Here's the deal. These Japanese trucks have only been around about what 10 years? They can't have the reputation of american trucks. There just hasn't been the time. When one of you are driving around a 30 year old Toyota that isn't rusted away and still runs good, then talk. I can find you dozens of old Chevies, Fords, and even Dodges right in my neighborhood that fit that bill.

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I have an '02 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad. When anyone rides or borrows it, they want one. I've probably been responsible for some dealer stooge selling at least 10 Dodge pickups the past few years based on their comfort and quality.

On the other hand, my neighbor has an '05 Chevy Z-71........Looks identical to the 1st picture Jesse posted. Black with chrome. It's literally falling apart. Dealer won't fix anything under warranty or recall. Costs him big bucks to constantly maintain it. He's steered at least 10 people away from buying a Chevy truck because of the piss poor workmanship.

I'd buy another Dodge Ram in a heartbeat.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

My former truck was a Ram 1500...ran fine but interior materials weren't very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar