Third Down Conversions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I remember last season that it seemed we had a large problem on third downs, particularly third and short.

This season, without pouring through the stats, we don't appear to be any better. We might even be a little worse off in my opinion.

Throw in all of the times we went for it on fourth down, and we might outright be abysmal.

Anyone have the stats from last season as compared to this season?

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Epic volumes simply spoken in 13 words.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We're at about a 34% 3rd down conversion rate, which is bad and about as bad as last year. Seems like we hardly ever try to run on short yardage....and the few times I remember us doing so, I remember sad blocking :hmm:

4. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I'll tell you one thing that doesn't help that we are prone to do: When it's 3rd and 7 and we complete a 4 yard dump-off pass. We'll either do that, or try to heave it 40 yards downfield. You'd think a 10 yard route would work better in that situation, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar