This Chip Kelly thing seems to be growing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

If Kelly came, it would be quite the adjustment for our offense. Yes, of course the Mariota/Kelly marriage will be lovely, but the rest of the offense might struggle to adjust. Mariota, DGB, Wright, McBride (maybe), Walker, and Lewan might be the only long term players that will fit Kelly's system. I think Warmack would get shown the door if he came. He is a much better fit in the power blocking scheme. Sucks we traded Levitre because he has played much better in the zone scheme and his presence could've been useful if Kelly did come.

2. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I completely agree. It's definitely knee-jerk and I 100% don't agree with the decision. LSU boosters will be signing Cinderella's "You Don't Know What You Got" very soon.

3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm thinking we are going to be drafting in the top3, and should be in good position to take OT Tunsil, who plays in an offense that often goes uptempo, and has a mobile QB. So, he and Lewan would fit well. I think Poutasi would fit at LG. Shwenke would probably fit. So, that just leaves Warmack, whom the team could trade rather easily, I think.

I'd be curious to see what he would try to do at RB. Henry is a power back who has good speed for his size. I expect he'll run in the 4.5 range at the combine, if he stays healthy. Kelly probably realizes by now, you need a bigger RB to help in pass protection, in the NFL. That might be one reason why he traded Shady McCoy away and brought in bigger backs

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Sanchez was the lead blocker on a play tonight.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I don't have to name names, hoss. You guys know exactly who you (knee-jerks) are. It's called CONTEXT. Google it. If you made a stoo'pid remark talking about how Kelly SUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKSSSSS (despite going 10-6 the past two seasons...you B one of the idiots I spoke of.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 4
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

quote me :bs:boy

you cant I didnt

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I think Chip Kelly did exactly what needed to be done with the Eagle roster. With the roster they had, all they could do is be mediocre. Mediocre is the worst possible place to be in the NFL. Either win big or lose big. In a couple of seasons (if people will have patience) it could pay off huge for the Eagles. They can have a team of fresh, young players with a future instead of a bunch of end of career or big name but no production type of players that filled up the Eagles salary cap.

I might be wrong because I certainly don't keep up with the Eagles and their ex-players but I am pretty sure none of the people he disposed of are tearing it up in their new jobs.

8. Farcry

Farcry Rookie

Not by design

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

The more posts I read that are derogatory about the man, the more my pride kicks in and Oregon roots becomes more apparent. I don't believe half the stuff I'm reading here on Kelly. Kelly is missing a quarterback. His quarterback. His problem is he didn't make a hard enough attempt to go after and acquire Marcus. If Marcus was his guy. He should have sold out to get him.

I personally feel Marcus as a pro would be better suited with a coach who will round out his game. With that said, the best man for Marcus's game right now is probably Chip Kelly. Nothing that has gone on this year hasn't changed how I feel about Chip. Chip to be successful needs to get and be physical upfront, he needs speed at all skill positions and...he needs a quarterback. He had all that in first two years at Philly and guess what? He was a winning coach. I firmly believe he is a great coach. A great teacher. A smart guy and has a lot to give a team. Including the Titans.

He will probably be gone from Philly after this year. Tennessee needs to make him a candidate and I think Kelly would rather stay in the pro's because he doesn't want to deal with the drama of recruiting and the other stuff that comes with the college game. I would look at him for this position if 1.) he agrees to work collabortively with another front office guy that shares his philosophical views of the game. 2.) And fully dedicates to being an head coach and leave the other stuff to the other guy. 3.) he commits himself fully to adapting himself further to the pro game. That means listening to his defensive coordinators when they say you can't continue to go three and out like that. You have to slow the tempo down. My guys can't keep up.

Chip Kelly is amazing coach. You all taking shots at him. I can't simply accept. Call it the Oregon homer in me. But the man can coach and he can be sucessful at it. Marcus is his guy. He is the perfect quarterback for his system. Marcus is a Titan in Tennessee. If Chip becomes available. The Titans need to consider him.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

My point entirely!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar