This is a tear down year -- at least we are not mediocre

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 6, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, I was sick of that.

77.8%
  2. No, I would take mediocre over this.

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

#TearDownYear

Not a rebuilding year!

The rebuilding will start in the offseason. This year is about tearing down the team that existed before hand. Munch never tore down or rebuilt. He just tried to patch up what Fishface left behind. This is a full on tear down this year. Whisenhunt is not pandering to these guys. He know what he wants them to do and if they cannot do it he will not change, he will replace them. They have all but determined that some guys, like Jake Locker, are not part of the long term plan. So who is?

As it stands there are only a few who are passing the test and showing they can be a part of the rebuilding:
    • Delanie Walker -- major props to Walker for still busting his ass
    • Kendall Wright
    • Top two picks in the draft -- Lewan and Sankey
    • Right side of the OL
    • Jurrell Casey
    • Wesley Woodyard
    To be determined:
    • Justin Hunter -- hopes are high but he has to show he is more than a training camp superstar
    • Rest of the rookies
    • Al Woods -- He is doing pretty good but nothing special
    • Jason McCourty -- Good but starting to get old and is he a good fit for the defense
    • Michael Griffin -- Maybe he can take a pay cut in the offseason
    I will never cheer for this team to lose and will always be happy when they win. However, the losses are not going to bother me as much because there is no point. It is obvious the franchise is not trying to win this year. It is a tear down year.

And where are all the people who said they were tired of the Titans being a mediocre team? You guys must be happy because this is far from mediocre.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

YES. I hate mediocre, and at least we know what this team is.. hot poop.

Like I always say, at least with horrible, there will be changes. Mediocre is what held Fisher, Bud, and the status quo together for so long, and it impeded progress.

We're just now trying (and failing) to recuperate. Maybe next decade they'll put it all together.. Spoken like a true Lions/Browns fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not answering the poll because nobody wants to feel humiliated.

But I do agree that this year by design is to test the players we have. Our cupboard is not well stocked with play-makers. We've missed on our last two franchise QB picks. That will decimate a teams chances of deep playoffs. I think we should continue to test ALL talent and depth.

The next phase of "the plan" will be to have starters suffer the "injury bug" so we rely on our depth and role players.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was sick of that mediocre crap. If you're going to embarrass us and makes us rip our hair out on a weekly basis then at least give us a good draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

My thoughts exactly sawdust...Now we may have a top 5, which puts us in a whole different level. They need to get a. QB or a major play maker...OL 1st round picks are done....

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah. "Happy" about sucking is the wrong way to put it. Nobody's happy about it.

Sucking gives hope for change, mediocrity does not. Mediocrity fuels Dumb $#!t threads like DW's "Miss Munchak Yet" doozy.

It's really unfortunate they picked this year to royally suck, instead of the Newton or Luck years (as much as I don't like Newton.. I could learn to like him over our current situation very easily.)

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hammer - "Whisenhunt is not pandering to these guys. He know what he wants them to do and if they cannot do it he will not change, he will replace them."

Bingo

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm just tired of the bull****.

All last year we waited for news of Munch being gone. Then the draft, then training camp, then preseason and then week 1.

By week 3 you already have reputable posters saying they wouldn't be upset if Wiz was fired. When does this garbage end?

I haven't seen a decent Titans team in over a decade. I managed to be deployed our 13-3 season and made it back just in time to see us lose to the Ravens.

My emotional investment in this team is about gone, I struggle to find ways to care anymore.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I just can't wait to see this team gutted. It's the same issue they have had for years now....NO IDENTITY!!! QB with first pick. It just sucks because I'm not sold on any prospects quite yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar