This is the Worst Team in the NFL...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wrench248, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Agreed. It was a bit of a surprise to me, however, that he didn't temper of his disgust.

2. jkille

jkille Practice Squad

i'm to the point where i hope we lose, and lose big. i wonder if the players will quit on the coaching staff? i dont blame the players nearly as much as the coaches and owner. we have coaches that simply have experience playing and coaching football, but no one clever, intelligent or creative enough to out-coach any other team. it's mostly the owner's fault for hiring people he likes intead of people who can win. i'll be utterly shocked if we even play a close game with the steelers tonight, and if we beat them i'll strip naked and jump off the woodland street bridge into the cumberland.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Browns definitely need a WR or 2.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Now, let me be the first to say.. i'm not over-reacting. I realize the Steelers were banged up and really not that great of a team this year. Aging defense and Troy, Woodley, Mendenhall, and Pouncey were out... plus Pittsburgh has been struggling. Not over-reacting.

Honestly we can't get much worse than the first 4 games. TERRIBLE defense. Average offense.

What needs to improve:

TACKLING - Holy hell, we cannot tackle to save our life. Wiffin' is the worst, but I also have seen Ayers, McCarthy, and Babineaux just completely miss. Really the entire defense as a whole can't tackle. The positive is that it's easy to clean that up. Wrap up better! It's simple, I don't understand. McCarthy will get better when his ankle gets better, every week he's getting better.

ENTIRE DEFENSE - Jerry Gray needs to go. His scheme flat out sucks. Playing our CBs/Ss deep and allowing the short passes is OK, when your defense can tackle... and we can't. We can't get any pressure and hardly ever send more than 4. Your game planning sucks and you don't adjust. You have to go.

CHRIS JOHNSON - He had a good game vs the Texans & an average game vs Pitt. But, you still suck... seriously. CJ had so many holes vs. Pitt, but he continued to dance and not hit his holes. There's no fixing you.

Hopefully we will get Locker back next week vs. Buffalo. No offense to Hasselbeck, but Locker is simply better. Hass has limitiations - can't extend plays, throws ducks, and arm strength isn't there anymore. If CJ can just produce us 60-90 yards a game, paired with Locker, Britt shakes off more and more rust, Cook is becoming legit, Kendall is getting better every week, and Nate is solid.. our offense could come together.

Defense still sucks though. Mike Martin & Alterraun Verner are the only players that are having a good year. Everyone else sucks.

Rest of the year:
    @ Buffalo - Very good chance
    v. Indy - Good chance
    v. Chicago - Little chance
    @ Miami - Very good chance
    @ Jax - VERY good chance
    v. Hou - little chance
    @ Indy - Good chance
    v. NYJ - Very good chance
    @ GB - ehh, they're stugglin' but still little chance
    v. JAX - very good chance

We could potentially go 7-3 in our final 10. Obviously, thats the VERY best scenario. But it could happen. I don't think it will, but all those games are winable besides v. Chicago, v. Houston, and @ GB scare me. Our offense will need to start clicking, CJ has to produce, and the D has to atleast go from TERRIBLE to average.

I don't see it, but you never know.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Colts probably get us once the way they're playing right now. Unfortunately I see 7-9 or 8-8. I know it's the Steelers but they were banged up and already a mess and we barely escape. Hopefully they build off this win but I would say at worst 6-10 and best 9-7. AFC is pretty down this year maybe we can still get a WC spot.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see 6-10.

Jax x2, Indy, Jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar