This is What I love about Lendale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, you guys talk all you want about Lendale, but he does the little things that don't show up on the stat boards. Don't you see everytime, lendale runs the ball and he gets tackled, there is always people jawing at him. I remember that in the Jag game, I kept seeing the jag defenders talking stuff to lendale and then 3-4 guys trying to bring him down. He had guys jawing at him against the colts, against the Bucs as well. And Sunday, how many times did you see Texan players jawing off at lendale? ALOT. There was always a late hit on him, when he went down. I saw one play where he went down and a defender landed on him. You wanna know why? Because he is a TRUCK to bring down. He gets under the skin of defenders. Because he is that big ole fat kid that you always played touch football and couldn't bring him down.
    He softens up the defense. And that was the case yersterday, that is why Chris Henry got those yards. Lendale White just gets under defenders skins. Go look at tape and you will see what I mean. Lendale is the starter and Chris Henry is the change of pace, it works.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Glad someone realizes this guy can play ball when hes on track, and when we have a passing game

3. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

Oh my god!!!

Lenfatman sucks!!! Chris herny should get half the carries this coming up game....

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good assessment. It would great to see these two develop into a long-term Titans combo for years. I like Lendale wearing em down and then Chris Henry flying past them in solid relief duty.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He's a tough runner, and he earns his yards, that's for sure. Everything you said is true. That said, he shouldn't be as overweight as he is. If he were in better shape, he's STILL be a load to bring down (Lendale is just a big boy in general, and you'll never mistake him for a small back). However, if you watch old USC tapes of him, he's slimmer and he's quicker to the hole. That's the problem; yeah, he may not be easy to bring down, but does that matter when he's being tackled at or near the line of scrimmage most of the time? Hard yards and softening defenses is one thing, but the fact that remains that his conditioning and quickness have been sacrificed for his poor weight control.

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

From what I have seen he is good at being a disciplined player but that does not mean he is a great RB. If you watch the USC games, he did a great job in pounding the ball but Reggie was the game breaker. He will never be a game breaker instead we have to hope that VY and Henry/Brown. That is what happened on that Chris Henry run on sunday and thats what happened against the Jags. We are basically under the same situation that the Jags were in last year, and that the falcons and dallas are in this year (1 back can pound and he is decent, but the other is explosive and can be a homerun hitter at any point (Barber and Norwood)). To be most successful i would love to see chow line both up and make the def guess who is gonna get it.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

would be nice

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Chris Brown is still the change of pace back tho'. Henry will have to wait his turn. Chris Brown has looked like the most explosive back we have thus far.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

LW can be a back that breaks for 15 yds at a time no more than that. My man said it above. The passing game has to be a treat for the passing game to work well, and vice versa. if teams just continue to put 8 in the box, then you will see LW struggle to get those yrds. The kid is a good feature back that could stand to lose some weight. With a hole there he will do his thing. Let's just remember an elite back can make it through a 2 sec hole, LW is not elite, he's good so don't expect to see him go flying through a hole that's there for only 2 sec's.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Everyone wants to call Lendale a power back but he really isn't much of a power back. He has little speed, quickness or burst which doesn't equal much force behind him except his 240lbs. Which really is only 10 more than Henry yet Henry looks bigger.

I'll go to NCAA to prove a point. Ray Rice who is a whopping 5'9 205 lbs is more of a power runner than LW...why? He is built like a rock, conditioned, has excellent quickness, burst, and maybe the most important thing is he runs with passion and fire. He wants to hit you harder than you want to hit him and he has desire. He gets better in the 4th quarter why because he's conditioned and has the heart and desire.

LW is slow, has minimal burst and speed and has yet to show he has much desire if any or heart.

Who would you rather have come at you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar