This is why BA moved out of cow town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

He may be green and live in a garbage can but he's a smart cookie.

2. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Never heard that one .....LOL

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I understand market size just fine that's why the 2nd largest market in the whole country hasn't had a team for more than 10 years you moron.

It's about fan interest and the ability to fill a stadium. If 90% of the people who live in a place don't care it doesn't matter.

FACT Bud Adams moved here! He is the one who had the most to lose not some idiot typing on a keyboard who risks nothing. He took the data available and i'm sure the advice of people who do such things for a living and made the decision to move here!

Every game sells out. Who cares if there are 50 million people who don't go to the games or watch on tv.

Why do the packers have a team in a city of 100,000?

Geez you guys are too easy.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh thanks alex(aka brain stem) for quoting sec in a post. I wouldn't know what he had to say otherwise since i have had him on ignore for over a year now.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who the hell moves a team based on GDP?

Did the Rams move from LA to St Louis because of GDP?

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Actually, as a Wisconsin resident (now), the comparison here is pretty legit IMO. I would say the same for Carolina...locate a team strategically, get love from the region. My guess is that this is why the teams (Titans and Panthers) were named after their respective states (understanding that Carolina covers both North and South...lived in Greenville, SC, also).

Up here in Cheesehead land, about 90% of the state are Packer fans (western part swings to the Vikings, southern part starts to swing to the Bears, and there is one Titan fan located in Helenville). Without that regional support, the Packers would be packing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

couple of things I am sure you are aware of CheesheadTitan

Packers are pubicly owned and those fans coontrol the team. So they are not going anywhere.

100 years ago 100k people made a town a real city domestically. GB is a Great Lakes port city and eveyone knows they are called the Packers because a packing company bought their first jersies. Probably the single greatest bang for buck marketing decision ever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Right on both counts...it is fun listening to the folks up here talking about leaving team stock and season tickets in their wills. However, season ticket holders are located throughout the state...Madison, Milwaukee, etc....in addition to Green Bay/Appleton/Fondulac area, so the support is truly statewide.

That is one thing I enjoy about living here...these folks love football, as much as they do in SEC land. Almost makes the six months of winter bearable.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm surprised Oklahoma doesn't have a team yet.

I think Bud came here because of the massive amount of football fans due to the Vols being so close. The same reason why OKC would make a great NFL city, IMO.

And I love having the stadium right downtown. It has become a part of the city, and it's cool to have a little bit of an interesting view off of Broadway other than a dirty looking river and traffic.

10. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Not only do you not understand market share,you dont understand what makes a an area wealthy and able to spend money on things like .....ooooh I dont know maybe FOOTBALL. It aint rocket sience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar