This is why Boxing is going down.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na20FnxONQE&feature=related"]MMA Legend Veteran Admits Boxing is a More Skilled and Difficult Sport Boxing vs MMA - YouTube[/ame]

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ignorant cluelessness reaching ludicrous levels!

It's a world-wide sport, extremely popular in asia and brazil. It has a growing large Hispanic fan base in the United States as well.

Sheesh.

3. Deuce Wayne

Let it be clear then- When I talk MMA I'm talking about the garbage most Americans watch known as the UFC.

Not Pride, not K2, not anything respectable... but let's pretend you watch those. lol

Ever think it's odd how any washed up NFL player can just jump in a televised MMA fight?

Wonder why that doesn't happen in boxing?

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Lol, which NFL players are fighting in the UFC? Not that I don't believe you, i just don't know who.

You remember KIMBO SLICE? The scary black man who was popping peoples eyeballs out of their sockets, been to prison, best street fighter in the world? Do you recall what happened when he, solely a boxer, did when he came to the UFC?

Sure, he wasn't a pro boxer. But fists was 100% his deal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwSLZRRUNGc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwSLZRRUNGc&feature=related[/ame]

He lasted 5 seconds against an average mma fighter.

While we are at it, the UFC is NOT dominated by whites. Most of these fighters are coming from Brazil and countries other than the US. To be honest, my interest in the UFC is waning BECAUSE of there being a shortage of good white fighters in the top end of the game.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yes I have watched pride fights- don't know why you would find that so amazing.

Most great pride fighters are now in the UFC anyway, considering Pride doesn't exist anymore.

Name me an NFL player that just jumped into a televised MMA fight, outside of the reality show. You can't because it doesn't happen. UFC fights are top quality.

You just don't know what you are talking about.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

And Pride is actually why I got into MMA. A friend showed me an old Pride fight and then i started to watch them all the time on youtube. And yes every kid thinks he is a MMA fighter. Because MMA is growing to be one of the most popular sports in America. Thats why you see plenty of douchebags with tap out or affliction shirts on. Hate those ppl by the way.

And how am I reaching? I listed champions of weight classes and top contenders who are not white. Where did I reach?

But you are a boxing fan boy and I prefer MMA so you will never say anything good about MMA so this argument is pointless. Btw I also like boxing but much rather watch MMA.

7. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Pretty sure only Frankie Edgar is the only white American who is a champion in the any of the Seven weight classes in the UFC. GSP is white but he is Canadian. So not sure how that means white people dominate that sport

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Has Deuce been backed into a corner? Does he stand any chance of survival with multiple attackers? Just WHAT did he have for lunch!? Find out on the next harrowing GoTitans adventure!

10. Deuce Wayne

And here's where the problem will come.

Regardless of who is champion- the sport is dominated by whites. The few minorities involved are champions. lol Wonder why?

As for washed up athletes doing MMA-

Brock Lesnar... a freaking WWE star went in and dominated. lol

Johnnie Morton fights MMA.

Michael Westbrook

Marcus Jones

Bob Sapp?? Guy sucked at football so went and just decided to beat people in a weak competition sport up.

Hershell Walker

Wes Shivers

Brendan Schaub

Mike Mitrione

All of these guys have winning records outside of Johnnie Morton. The last few being like 8-0, 7-1, etc...

So yes. Washed up NFL players just decide to hit up MMA as easy retirement money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar