This is why I hate power rankings...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I just want to go on the record and say if the media don't look into the numbers then they shouldn't open their mouths. I've always say call a spade a spade.

In this weeks power rankings here is what was said about Tom Brady and the #2 Ranked Patriots:

New England hit the road and very efficiently disposed of an overmatched Tennessee Titans team. Defensively, this looks like a new club. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Bill Belichick's club would look ho-hum in the preseason and then proceed to decimate its first real opponent. Tom Brady was his usual dynamic self, but his numbers would have been better if not for some bad drops. Yes, Wes Welker was a culprit.

And this is what they say about Jake Locker and the #24 Ranked Titans:

Tennessee takes a drop after getting throttled at home. Jake Locker is busted up. He is supposed to play in Week 2, but is that such a good thing? The second-year signal-caller had a couple turnovers, including one that led to a touchdown. He also averaged less than 10 yards per completion. This offense has to challenge teams vertically, or else Chris Johnson might never get going.

Now I by no means am going to draw a comparison between Locker and Brady. We all know Brady is one of the best, but how is it that Brady was dynamic when the Patriots beat us in convincing fashion and Jake Locker takes flack about his yards per completion when both QBs numbers were as follows:

T. Brady: 23/31 for 236 yards 2TDs
    J Locker: 23/32 for 229 yards 1TD 1INT

This may be nit picking here but to me that's just crazy. Turnovers aside both QBs had a very similar game. If you include turnovers, I fault Jake only for the first one he simply didn't get enough on the ball and not the second where he was hit from a free rusher from his blind side.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How the FUIBCK are the Oakland MFer Raiders ranked higher than us???? That's freaking terrible. They were hideous vs San Diego. I'm disgusted.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

LOL what a joke

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I went ahead and quoted what you said. When you compare QB's, you can't just say "turnovers aside." We could compare completion percentage all day, but it's ultimately turnovers what separates a good player from a great player.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, I hate power rankings. They always prove how we are hated by everyone.

Oakland and Miami are clearly the worst teams right now.

Texans ahead of Ravens? Truly hilarious.

6. RavensShallBurn

Brady had a running game. Locker would've been just as well off with Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles in the backfield.

I 100% put whatever issues Locker had on CJ and the lack of running game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I personally didn't think Locker played bad at all. He actually played very good.

Would love to see how he would look with a running game and Britt back.

8. RavensShallBurn

With a running game and Britt, we are a scary offense. It can be fixed. Get it done, Munch!

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Fair enough you won't get any arguments from me. My point wasn't in the them mentioning his turnovers though even though I don't put one of them on him. My point is that they mentioned his yards per attempt and praised Brady for his when they were a mere 7 yards and 1 attempt apart.

At the end of the day great players are consistent and don't turn the ball over. The turnovers regardless of who fault they were have to get corrected. I love how they mentioned Brady was plagued by drop passes, but Locker was also not to mention the "no calls" from the refs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

That one official on the "no call" pass interfeerance got to be blind, stupid or retarded to not see that. It wasn't borderline or even close...it was as blatent as I've ever seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar