This Mess Is Webster's Creation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

We all seem to love to argue about what we think are the mean issues with our team. However, one thing that I think we SHOULD all agree on is: This mess that we have seen on the field for the last 3 week is all the creation of the great mind running this franchise, GM Ruston Webster.

Webster's career has been loaded with questionable decisions to put it nicely. Let's start with his drafts. I will not go through and list all the players he picked and how they are doing. I will ask, Can you think of a Webster pick that has made a big contribution other than Casey? I personally have a really hard time thinking of a player Webster has picked that I would say, Man we do not need to let that guy get away. Casey is the lone exception in my opinion.
    Another issue I have with Webster's drafts. We have picked players based on what he thought was BPA. Doing this often overlooks the largest area of team need. In recent years we have seen pass rush being completely overlooked. IMO this has been an area that I would have LOVED to have seen addressed possibly even with our 1st pick. I would even understand reaching for a pass rusher as bad as our pass rush has been. CB is an area that I would of rather seen us address at 11 this year rather than take a guy to ride the bench based on Webster's idea of BPA. Denard or Gilbert would certainly be an upgrade over what we have put on the field this year.
    This brings up our Scouts. Each year we see our team pick players that I must say I scratch my head over. There will be a guy there for the taking that even the analyst will say, hey this guy is a sure thing TN is gonna take him. Yet we end up taking someone that they don't even have a highlight reel to show during the commentator's discussion of the pick. I am sure you may find a gem once in a lifetime, but we have not seen this yet.
    The question I ask myself a lot: Does Webster's loyalty to a player get in the way of the team winning? The Jake Locker experiment this year comes to mind. I am sure the interviews for a coach including making Jake a franchise QB (Which I do not believe is possible). It seems like we took a back up QB with no other reason in mind other than him helping Jake. I would have rather had a guy to push Jake to be better in addition to helping him.
    Webster seems to consistently put mentally weak players on the field. We see each year that the young players we have picked in later rounds as developmental players are not much more than roster fillers. I am ready for a new era. I am ready for "Status Quo" to not REALLY be good enough. Tommy Smith has said that he will not tolerate the status quo any longer. I hope he really means this. I hope that we see this IN ACTION.
    Our QB situation is a mess. With all of the other faults Webster has put on display as GM if he does not KNOW by the end of this season if Mett can be (I am not saying he is) the franchise QB. He should be fired. Going through this season without finding out exactly who can and can't be the guy to lead us at QB would be a HUGE mistake. We MUST know before FA & the 2015 draft!

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

If we get a qb most of our troubles will be taken care of. A good qb can hide a lot of faults. We also need to go corner in the 2nd round. If we find our franchise qb and a good corner I think we will be playoff bound. Jake has really handcuffed us the last 2 drafts because we were waiting to see if he could take that franchise qb role. News flash he hasn't. I would have loved a trade down for Bridgewater. Hell I would have taken Teddy at 11. This season just needs to end. Just make it stop.

3. amy

amy Starter

Well, we aren't going to get QB this season. Locker is useless, Mett is a rookie, and CBJ is, well, whatever he is. So this season is a bust already. The ONLY thing we can hope for is that Webster will give up on his boy, Mett will play and improve weekly, and we can at least compete, even if we don't win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

Seriously dude, try using bullet points

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 2
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

I agree a good QB will make a huge difference. However, there just isn't a QB coming out this year that is a sure thing Franchise QB in my opinion. I could be very wrong as I am very jaded on college QBs making the leap. Maybe its there and I just do not see it. However, at this point if we picked tomorrow I would be more interested in the best pass rusher available, then the best QB. A good pass rush takes a huge amount of pressure off the 2ndary. Hopefully that great pass rusher is a LB adequate in coverage. We have so many holes on defense that we will need an outstanding FA & draft just to be good. Hopefully we can pick up a good CB in FA

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I get carried away when ranting after a game like this. LOL. Sorry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No worries. You make good points. Just that people are more likely to read them if you use bullet points and try to cut out parts where you are repeating yourself. I know it is hard.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. kenny

kenny Starter

Especially after 3 blow out games!

9. kenny

kenny Starter

Thanks for the input I will work on condensing it. LOL

10. kenny

kenny Starter

The vikes got a steal in Brdgewater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar