This Mess Is Webster's Creation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

People need to get over the discussions of Whiz going anywhere. He has had one offseason and 4 games with what he inherited. If Locker had played anywhere close to how he did against KC and we were 2-2 right now we would not be having the discussion.

Or defense has gone more sour than the offense. Just look at the points we are giving up the last three games. The Colts WRs just ran simple routes all day long and we had no one that could cover them. The crossing route is one of our achilles heal...every team does it on us and no one is making them pay the price for it. I would accept a 15yd penalty if they laid someone out at this point over just letting them run free.

Cleveland is nothing special. However if we let them come in next week and roll us at home...well...things are going to get even more ugly all the way around on this team.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. IBA Titan

IBA Titan Special Teams Standout

Maybe Webster would draft me next year. I'm a 5 ft 9 inch overweight 40ish guy who runs a high 7 in the 40 yard dash. At this point I think id be an upgrade at corner.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've pretty much completely lost faith in Webster. He is whiffing with our top picks and isn't batting high enough in free agency either. In 3 years he hasn't drafted one player who has come in here and been a legitimate stud. I know the drafting game ain't easy, but that's bad fellas. And it's a recipe for disaster.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you think this is bad, you should see the thread at TR talking about Webster, its 10x longer

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Hitting enter to break up paragraphs helps. Not gonna lie, I saw the text and scrolled on past it lol. I'm sure you made some great points though :)

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yeah, well they also think Zach Mettenberger has already proven himself to be the best Titans QB since Steve McNair.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its a sad bunch over there

some of them are ool, but the bad ones really stick out

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I agree, Webster needs to answer for this mess. Or at least try to fix it quick!

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Coolest of the bunch is this winessee guy

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Drafting actually isn't that hard. In fact, it's easy. You call a player and say "we're the motherf*cking Titans and we're drafting you, so deal with that."

I mean... You could give a 3rd grader a top 250 prospect sheet and tell him to pick the highest rated player every time we pick and he would do a better job.

I would do a better job. As I've said, this is not hindsight. Just for an example...

2011 - I wanted Quinn
    2012 - I wanted Poe
    2013 - I wanted Lotulelei
    2014 - I wanted Bridgewater

Poe wasn't a possibility since the Chiefs took him early, and I admit my next choices weren't all that great. Outside of that, I have been money the last few years... in the first few rounds.

The FO continues to neglect the front 7 and has paid for it. Second highest paid OL in the league and it's average. Good job, Webster.

Most of us wanted Lotulelei in the 1st and Warford in the 2nd. Warford is insanely better than Warmack. It isn't even close.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar