This Off-Season Just Became Pointless...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RPD, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

so much doom and gloom so look at it this way:

-6 wins with a project QB starting
    -no OL
    -poor coaching
    -injuries everywhere

Get more depth, another good draft class, a couple key signings, and coordinators that know what they're doing and we're in the playoffs. Munch isn't the best head coach and Locker isn't the best QB but there is still time for both of them to grow. I have faith, running out, but that's why next year is make/break.

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

But we've been rebuilding since 2009!!! Why are you all so content with excuses every year!?! We're not gonna get any good coordinators, start being honest. Well promote in house and this madness will continue next year. Locker isn't the answer and won't be. Quit convincing yourself his problems are because of everyone else. Look at Russell Wilson he makes the offense a different animal and is a rookie

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

we won 6 games but half of them were luck and the games we lost were by like 20-30. We aren't that close to even being a top 10 team. We are probably more like a 3-13 team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

every team needs a bit of luck, hell if we can just beat the teams we're supposed to we would be a borderline playoff team every year. It's those bad losses that kill us, and yes we're no where near elite but we're pretty close to being a good team.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"Project QB". Poor coaching. No OL. That's supposed to make us feel better?

How much of those problems you listed can we realistically fix during the offseason?

6. The Playmaker

Well if we hire capable coordinators, sign/draft some offensive lineman that's fixable. The rest falls on Locker and health.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. But that's what I'm saying. How realistic is it that all, or even most of those things actually happen? I mean honestly, given the history of this organization? IMO we'll be lucky if we manage to completely turn around even one of those problem areas.

We'll know a lot more in the coming weeks regarding the coaching staff. Although I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of pissed off Titans fans soon when Gray and Loggains are retained.

8. The Playmaker

If Gray and Loggains are retained then yeah I'm lighting torches but right now we'll see.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the whole OC situation is such a potential FUBAR its almost laughable.

If Gray retains his position, and it appears he will, then it will be even more difficult too accept anything MM or RW says reguarding anything. Grays D allowed the most points in the history of the franchise - and that is counting the Houston years that I dont count. From a purely Tennessee professional football view Grays D is by far the worst ever and 32nd in the NFL - Just for clarification the Titans allowed 471 points in 2012. Thats 29.4 ppg folks. 154 points more than 2011 and 32 points more than the previous worst ever for a Tennessee NFL team.

If JG remains with that resume then whats the point in hoping for improvement? Might as well just wish on a shooting star cause at least its a star and its shooting instead of a Gray loser.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't see how we can go into the off season with the same coordinators and have them pitch us improvement. It is painfully obvious that the reason we underachieved is because of those guys calling the plays. Loggians did nothing to warrant another year and Gray's defense is just........well......might as well not even be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar