This supports the theory...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Definitely was calling that before the draft, and I agree with them.. Mariota is a shot in the arm for this franchise. Even if Mariota bombs in a few years, this franchise will have unparalleled excitement around it, at least briefly.

Drafting a DE and getting 6-8 wins would not drum up any excitement. Drafting a QB with slight to marginal improvement to the record will help in a big way. People buy tickets to see a QB. They don't for any other position.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Not really any new information ... I already knew people didn't follow the Titans lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Im shocked nobody cared about them during their SB run. Bandwagons gon' bandwagon. Guess they all like the Rams better.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

People cared about them during their SB run.. that year, and a few years after, were the only times that a good amount of people cared about the Titans.

the Rams got a good bandwagon base for awhile there, too with Kurt Warner. Most of them are long gone, as well.

7. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

The stats in the survey don't show that though. We are always pretty terrible fanbase according to this survey.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I was wearing my T logo hat the other day...people be all like "hey, that's who drafted Mariota!..." Before that local Hawaiians just thought it was a gas company logo or something. Mariota already appeared on the landingmpage of First Hawaiian Bank a couple of weeks ago. So, maybe they'll pick up some more fans in the Aloha State...they're really into following local players here.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Ha! Texaco got a new logo?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No one expected the Titans to be a SB team that year, so no one really followed them at that time. I do remember hearing stories about how much buzz there was around the Rams media day during that SB, and very little buzz around the Titans. (I guess 'the greatest show on turf' is more entertaining that Fisherball).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar