This time, it was the Titans starting fast

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

MIAMI Going into the game against the Dolphins, the Titans had been outscored 103-38 in first quarters.

On this Sunday, however, the Titans took a 14-0 lead at the end of the quarter.

“It just continues to remind us that we can play, we can play good, we can make plays and we can win a game by a big amount,” cornerback Jason McCourty said.

In their first eight games, the Titans allowed every opponent to score on its first or second drive.

Posted In: AFC South, League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

This is the only way we seem to be able to compete. If we don't get off to a nice start, we just get down on ourselves.

I don't get that mentality. You get 10 or so possessions, you only need to turn 3-4 of those possessions into points to give yourself a chance.
  3. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

I think it has to do with the team being young, and not really having a leader that has been through it all to push the younger guys through it. Younger guys seem to get down on themselves a little quicker IMO.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Then we need more SEC players who know how to win!
  5. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

Nah, Those guys just assume winning is easy, and they can't handle it when they lose a game or two

*cough* Cam Newton *cough*